Last Album You Listened to in Full?

upload_2020-6-12_14-34-56.jpeg

Side project from Warbringer's drummer. I think its alright, if not pretty short.

Edit some of those 5 + minute songs down to maximum 4 minutes and they would all be outstanding! :kickass:

I agree with that. Same could be said with a number of bands tbh.

The only album of theirs I ever listened to was born of the bomb and I really really dug it. I think I heard a small bit of this one and didn't much care for it, i'll have to give it another shot

I would say give it a shot, but its not like its anything amazing.

Fear not, they really are gonna put the new one out haha. It's all done, written, and recorded. According to Ol they're now just going through the process of sending it out to labels / shopping for a label to release it through (I'm guessing album V will mark their departure from Earache).

I can't wait for it. It's heavier and darker than anything they've done before. More along the death/thrash lines.

Oh I believe it's real, i've seen all the updates and stuff. Cool to know it's all been recorded, last I saw Ol was waiting for Matt to do vocals and stuff. They did leave Earache forever ago so i'm interested to see where they go, I kinda hate Earache after what they did to Gama Bomb

a1155429663-5.jpg

Reactions: zerostatic
sepultura-dante-xxi-cd.jpg

I think this is a good album, starts strong and ends well, but I feel like it doesn't get a lot recognition because of the albums before it (Nation and Roorback were not good) and after (A-lex and Kairos were very disappointing).

What did you think of this? I gave it a spin and, while I thought it was a little better than the previous albums, it still felt a lot like the stale input Waters always kept putting out.

Tough one, Annihilator are a band / and maybe more so Jeff Waters is a guy who, in my opinion hasn't put out a great album since Never, Neverland (though I do really like Set the World on Fire and King of the Kill)... and each of the later albums have great songs and are laden with super cool guitar parts (even All For You ha). But they are somewhat inconsistent, and I think his goofy lyrics and to an extent the vocals add to that at times - but to me that's part of Annihilator's charm.

Saying all that, Ballistic, Sadistic? I liked it, I even liked the odd recycled lick from previous albums. I think its the best Annihilator album for a long long time.

Tough one, Annihilator are a band / and maybe more so Jeff Waters is a guy who, in my opinion hasn't put out a great album since Never, Neverland (though I do really like Set the World on Fire and King of the Kill)... and each of the later albums have great songs and are laden with super cool guitar parts (even All For You ha). But they are somewhat inconsistent, and I think his goofy lyrics and to an extent the vocals add to that at times - but to me that's part of Annihilator's charm.

Saying all that, Ballistic, Sadistic? I liked it, I even liked the odd recycled lick from previous albums. I think its the best Annihilator album for a long long time.

I can get behind that. Waters always finds a way to pull out a cool riff in his songs, but its marred by some of his goofiness or songwriting. I like his vocals tbh - it was a highlight for me on King of the Kill.

Reactions: zerostatic