LAST CALL FOR SPONSORS: DEADLINE 12/1/05

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
This year's selection process may be my most difficult yet. I don't have any magical reunions to pursue like the past two years. I am running low on true headline bands that have never performed in the States. I will be honest and say that I'm really intimidated at the moment because this year's show ranks right up there with III for me in terms of the hype being justified.

That said, I'm still going to deliver a kick ass roster.

I have been getting numerous emails regarding sponsorships for next year. I had planned on waiting until December to post this, but I think I need to strike while the iron is hot so to speak. I accept only a limited amount of sponsors simply because I do not have the room to accomadate everyone backstage. If you want to be a sponsor, this is what you do:

1. You send an email to ppusa@metalages.com with a list of bands that you wish to sponsor in order of preference. You can list as many bands as you would like. DO NOT POST YOUR LIST ON THIS FORUM.

2. You indicate a dollar amount that you are pledging for each band specifically. You will be responsible for only a single band that I assign you to from your list regardless if more make the cut. In some situations, you may be assigned to a lower band on your list even if your favorite band made the cut and has other sponsors. It's all about the cash folks. That's the truth.

3. You wait on the roster announcement to find out if you are a sponsor. That's right. You will not know if you are a sponsor until you see your name on the band page.

Obviously, the more that a specific band gets in bids, the better their chances are of making the cut. Go ahead and send in your fantasy wish list reqardless of how impossible it seems. You never know when hell may freeze over regardless of what I have said in the past.

Payment will be due by July 1st, 2006. Once you bid, you are responsible for that amount. Your email is a legal, binding contract in my eyes.

cheers,

Glenn H.

How much is the usual amount for sponsoring? I know bringing these bands costs a lot of money and I was just wondering if it even helps to give a $ amount under $100

BlindPanzer said:
How much is the usual amount for sponsoring? I know bringing these bands costs a lot of money and I was just wondering if it even helps to give a $ amount under $100

I've never sponsored, but I'm guessing $1,000.00 is a minimum bid with the ever increasing popularity of being a sponsor and the access it provides.

That's what I thought... I think when it comes to investing big bucks on a band, 100 dollars MAY not make that much of a difference... though I may be wrong...

Either that or somebody told me that information...

If someone would be willing to pay to see a band he likes that much, why would he be willing to spend just a few bucks anyway? I dont get it...

Well, you get to go backstage but what about a ticket? Do you still have to pay for a ticket? I only say that because if you don't, $100 being the minimum would seem ridiculous.

I might have to honestly think about this.. Could donate about a month's pay in all and I have a few bands I would most certainly pay the money to see in a venue like Earthlink.

Harvester said:
Go ahead and send in your fantasy wish list reqardless of how impossible it seems. You never know when hell may freeze over regardless of what I have said in the past.

Even though I'm just a guy with no source of major income that I could afford to blow big $$$ on being a sponsor... if I thought there was a snowballs chance in hell that Demons & Wizards would play PP, I'd SOOO go broke!! :headbang:

(But that's the only band... thank God, cuz I make <$30k/yr)

All I know is that if I had the money, I'd do it... but it would be a decent amount of money, not just 100 bucks...

We'll see if I can save a little extra =)

Harvester said:
I am running low on true headline bands that have never performed in the States. I will be honest and say that I'm really intimidated at the moment...

Don't sweat it too much. As the old cliche goes, "One man's opening act is another man's headliner".

I don't know if my question came out right, But I wasn't saying if I could sponsor somebody for $100. I was wondering what was the average amount someone would usually give, because I doubt you can do anything by sponsoring $100. I'm aware my linguistic prowess is not as great as everyone else's in the board =p so sorry if the question came out wrong...

Just to clarify a few things:

1. $500 is the minimum bid per person per band.
2. You may " combine" a bid with another individual, but it remains $500/person minimum. I honestly do not believe that the minimum will get you a sponsorship based on the competitive nature of our audience and past bid amounts, but you never know.
3. I will not comment via email on your individual choices or give you my thoughts. I have already had three people try this and I simply will not answer.
4. Your sponsorship is your ticket. It also gets you access to the complimentary bar in the private balcony where the bands watch the show. That could save a few of you several hundered dollars right there.

Glenn H.

Glenn H.

Glenn, do you accept bids/sponsorship for anything regarding the preparty? Just asking because of how Dreamscape came back to play the preparty. Basically, I'm wondering just in case you were to have a mainstage band from PPVI come and perhaps headline the preparty next year. Especially considering the growing success of the preparty.

Harvester said:
This year's selection process may be my most difficult yet. I don't have any magical reunions to pursue like the past two years.
So there is no possibility for Crimson Glory reunion next year ? Or you wouldn't call that reunion magical ?

arnavut said:
So there is no possibility for Crimson Glory reunion next year ? Or you wouldn't call that reunion magical ?

I would love it, but let's just say that I bet Pakistan and India sign a peace accord before it happens.

Glenn H.

Harvester said:
I would love it, but let's just say that I bet Pakistan and India sign a peace accord before it happens.

Glenn H.
I just don't understand them (CG) It is not like it is a reunion that involves multi year multi million record and tour contract that they need to agrre on. They will not have to tour world together for a long time. They will not have to make albums together and be together again for years. It is not like CG currently have a singer. It is not like they have very busy and hectic schedule. None of them are slammed with their music career. It is not like this ONE SHOW is on another continent OR EVEN ON WEST COAST. They are just going to get together for a few rehearsals , drive few hours play in front of 1200+ people which will not happen anymore for them in their lifetime and have a blast one weekend. I just cannot think of any reasonable reason for them not to do this. Anyway I am sure you have thought about all this and probabaly told them as well. I appreciate your efforts as always. Thanks Glen.

Glenn~
What happens for those of us with GB's? If we submit a list for sponsorship and are chosen, do all of our badges remain on the list for us next year? So, if say, I have 3 put only need to purchase 2 because I am a sponsor, will I still have 3 next year? Thanks.