LAST CALL FOR SPONSORS: DEADLINE 12/1/05

Harvester said:
This year's selection process may be my most difficult yet. I don't have any magical reunions to pursue like the past two years. I am running low on true headline bands that have never performed in the States. I will be honest and say that I'm really intimidated at the moment because this year's show ranks right up there with III for me in terms of the hype being justified.

(snip)

All things/events being equal, what of the "magical reunion" that someone on the forum is trying to create, that of a West Coast US band, in addition to a firsttime performance from a European band who have never done a North American gig,

Man, that's sloppy secret keeping on my part.

Or instead, WE WANT SPINAL TAP!

kellsco said:
Glenn~
What happens for those of us with GB's? If we submit a list for sponsorship and are chosen, do all of our badges remain on the list for us next year? So, if say, I have 3 put only need to purchase 2 because I am a sponsor, will I still have 3 next year? Thanks.

Yes, you remain on the gold badge list for the same amount.

Glenn

Spinal Tap?

WHO MENTIONED SPINAL TAP???

You know..... as cheesy as it really is... people would flock to Atlanta to see an actual show performed by those guys... just the laugh factor alone would make it worth it for those guys! I mean, they'd have THE most dedicated audience in all of us, and even if they just Milli Vanilli it through a set, we'd still be in geeky comedy bliss!

Okay maybe not.

A very quick question Glenn. If you are selected as a sponsor will that entitle you to the Pre-Party or is it just the main show.

Bryan316 said:
Spinal Tap?

WHO MENTIONED SPINAL TAP???

You know..... as cheesy as it really is... people would flock to Atlanta to see an actual show performed by those guys... just the laugh factor alone would make it worth it for those guys! I mean, they'd have THE most dedicated audience in all of us, and even if they just Milli Vanilli it through a set, we'd still be in geeky comedy bliss!

Okay maybe not.

Please don't say "Milli Vanilli" again! :eek: :p

The whole Spinal Tap thing gave me an idea. I know this is way off topic, but what if some of us bass players got together during the PPVII's Pre-Pre-Party and played a cover of ST's "Big Bottom"? I think that would be fun! :headbang: What does anyone think about that?

BTW, cool Trogdor avatar! Maybe we could cover that theme song too! :p

A) Spinal Tap wasn't a Milli Vanilli... they actually can play their instruments and played those songs.

B) Our band played a block party this year, and one of the other bands DID just that. They had 3 bass players and did Big Bottoms. Bryan, find the link to the song on Ytsejam and post it. It's funny.

Regor said:
A) Spinal Tap wasn't a Milli Vanilli... they actually can play their instruments and played those songs.

B) Our band played a block party this year, and one of the other bands DID just that. They had 3 bass players and did Big Bottoms. Bryan, find the link to the song on Ytsejam and post it. It's funny.

That's awesome! I'd like to see that video!

"3. You wait on the roster announcement to find out if you are a sponsor. That's right. You will not know if you are a sponsor until you see your name on the band page."

When would this be? Probably a stupid question, but obviously if we didnt make it to sponsor level, we would have to buy a regular ticket (or gold badge). Im just concerned about the timing of it all. If I missed this posted above, I apologize.

Don't worry so much.

There's usually a pretty big gap between the time the bands are announced and the time tickets go on sale. Plus, Glenn has a list of badge holders, and I'm sure he has a system in place for you to get reimbursed for your badge if you've paid for one (or, I'm sure he could always take the badge price off your sponsorship amount to get to the correct balance). Either way, it'll all work out.

Pyramaze51 said:
A very quick question Glenn. If you are selected as a sponsor will that entitle you to the Pre-Party or is it just the main show.

I think I can answer that one for Glenn...a ProgPower sponsorship (or more accurately, 'special patron' status) does NOT get you free access to the pre-party. I had to buy a ticket this past year, and I'm fairly sure the other sponsors did as well.

Pellaz said:
I think I can answer that one for Glenn...a ProgPower sponsorship (or more accurately, 'special patron' status) does NOT get you free access to the pre-party. I had to buy a ticket this past year, and I'm fairly sure the other sponsors did as well.
Thanks for the info, i have no problem buying a ticket for the pre-party at all, i was just curious so i would know if i needed to buy one or not. Can't wait to see what Glenn pulls off this year and what Shane gets for Pre Party.

Does the sponser of a band get the privlages of standing in front of the stage (between the stage and the security railing) for that band's performance? If this is so, I will definately consider uping my bid for my prefered band. Please let me know.

Thanks

Az

VIPs were only allowed to watch the first 3 songs in that front row. I would have to assume that the sponsors would be the only people allowed after that point with Glenn in the front (at least thats been my experience).

Azrael LenGraden said:
Does the sponser of a band get the privlages of standing in front of the stage (between the stage and the security railing) for that band's performance? If this is so, I will definately consider uping my bid for my prefered band. Please let me know.

Thanks

Az
You are allowed to watch the entire set from that area for the band you sponsor. All other bands you are allowed to stand there for song 1,2 and 3.

Britt