Last movie you saw and your verdict

Watched a ton of movies lately (well star wars, and then 8 different ones in a two day span) so here we go

Star Wars VII- Hell yeah that was amazing, super super super loved it
Spectre- I'm bummed it wasn't better, hopefully Craig will come back for another one and blow us away
Goodnight Mommy- What a weird, but also really enjoyable movie
It Follows- Do recommend, that was amazing
The Hateful Eight- super super super super awesome, loved it
The Revenant- See Hateful Eight and Star Wars VII
Ant-Man- Really awesome, makes me excited for Civil War
Steve Jobs- Really really awesome, sad it kinda tanked box office wise. It was a really great movie
Black Mass- Finally Depp does something awesome again, amazing movie

SPOTLIGHT.png

WOW.

I used to watch more movies like this but in recent years I've focused more and more on my love of horror. Every now and again I watch a drama of sorts, and it's VERY rare I'm reduced to the reaction I was when I watched this just now. Wow. FANTASTIC.

The film follows The Boston Globe's "Spotlight" team, the oldest operating newspaper investigative unit in the United States, and its investigation into cases of widespread and systemic child sex abuse by numerous priests and the subsequent cover up by the Roman Catholic Church. Great story, great acting, just great. Can't recommend it enough.

Straight Outta Compton.

Average in the extreme, overly flattering to Dr. Dre, completely lacking in a MC Ren story, occasional clothing that doesn't fit with the timeline the film is set in (1986-1996)

Deadpool

Holy shit, yes! Only negative is Colossus, full cgi character with annoying accent (yes yes he's russian...). 4/5

Oh yes, almost forgot, Morena Baccarin is smokin' hot! Let me adjust verdict to 4.5/5

tumblr_nahzo4A5Qn1si9l4oo1_1280.jpg

Some of the "metal" moments were ever so slightly cringe worthy, but on the whole this was a really well executed drama about human nature. Very well acted!

1csGMZWkqHmObrRTY9CT7oaPJqr.jpg

Original concept for a possession / exorcism movie, showing the aftermath rather than the build up of. Liked the way it was shot too, with all the neon hints everywhere - kind of trippy. Sexy movie, if a little bit shit - enjoyable!

Deadpool

Holy shit, yes! Only negative is Colossus, full cgi character with annoying accent (yes yes he's russian...). 4/5

Oh yes, almost forgot, Morena Baccarin is smokin' hot! Let me adjust verdict to 4.5/5

That wasn't the only negative, nor even the worst.
Angel Dust being capable of kicking Colossus' arse. What the fuck was she so OP for?

More superhero stuff, first Batman v Superman. What a borefest, I wanted to leave theatre after hour or so and that doesn't happen very often. Affleck was actually quite good Batman, so little upside there but ultimately this will be those rare superhero movies that I won't watch again...ever.
Then there was Captain America: Civil War, everything was just right with this one, this is how you make entertaining superhero movie! And Spiderman was done right at last.

Not really movie but documentary, I am Thor. I actually saw Thor in Sauna Open Air back at 2009 (also covered in doc), didn't much care about that act then and to be honest still don't but at least now I understand where that guy is coming from.

Saw Captain America : Civil War this morning. IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME.

It's funny how DC "fanboys" insult Marvel "fanboys" about the MCU movies. Seriously, how can you not like this movie? Marvel gets the right people in the right places to make great movies and DC fumbles all the way through. It's pretty apparent, to me at least.

Kingsman: The Secret Service - a fun, action packed thriller! Better than I thought it would be since I don't care for a lot of spy movies like the Mission Impossible series or the James Bond flicks, but I love me some Burn Notice!

Evangelion 1.11 - You Are {Not} Alone

The Neon Genesis Evangelion reboot movie from a few years ago. It's literally the first six episodes of the anime, but in movie form and without all the nonsense. Animation quality is insane. Highly recommended to fans and newcomers. 9/10

Ghost in the Shell

This movie has one of those "The epitome of the 90's" feels to it. Animation is incredible, but one thing that bothered me is that no one ever seemed to blink. Motoko had one of those lifeless stares throughout 99% of the movie and it was kind of distracting. Regardless, this movie is awesome. 9/10

Ghost in the Shell

This movie has one of those "The epitome of the 90's" feels to it. Animation is incredible, but one thing that bothered me is that no one ever seemed to blink. Motoko had one of those lifeless stares throughout 99% of the movie and it was kind of distracting. Regardless, this movie is awesome. 9/10
She is a "robot" after all. I always thought that was intentional.

Yeah, I kind of assumed that's what the deal was by the time the movie was over, so it didn't bother me all that much. And I think that's why Snyde put robot in quotes. How much of her (or anyone else for that matter) is human any more is debatable. I'll need to watch this movie again sometime as I feel like I missed some stuff here and there...

TECHNICALLY not a movie, but I just watched the entire story mode animation for Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- and.... well, fucking hell, that was amazing. A shitload of surprises, buckets of suspense, a LOT of action and it finally wrapped up a billion questions that have been lingering since 1998. Absolutely fan-fucking-tastic.