Last movie you saw and your verdict

Despicable Me 3, well it was for my niece mostly. Being only one years old, she didn't have any problems like screaming or nothing. I saw someone post the movie Logan, which was great btw. The only thing I didn't understand was that it literally referenced comic book parts in the movie; that didn't make any logical sense at all to do it that way!

Avengers: Infinity War

My initial worry was that this is going to be mess with such large number of characters involved, but my fears quickly faded when movie started. It was pure joy from start to end, and now... A whole year before we see how this finally plays out. Awesome. 5/5

Over my vacation I watched :

Doctor Strange - 8/10, surprisingly really good!
Guardians of the Galaxy - 7/10, wasn't really my favorite, but had some awesome parts
Guardians of the Galaxt Vol. 2 - 9/10, the last, like hour or so is an emotional roller coaster
Thor : Ragnarok - 8.5/10, KORG IS THE BEST

And then saw Avengers : Infinity War in theaters the day after it came out and then the following afternoon as well. That movie is like, a 12/10. God damn. It was so awesome.

Deadpool 2 - Well, if you liked first one I'm pretty sure this will sink in too. Some killer scenes in mid credits :rofl: Josh Brolin as Than... I mean Cable is great. Let's make some chimi-fucking-changas.

The Thin Man - Classic black and white mystery/comedy from the 1930s. A good story and the leads have great chemistry. Watching this will turn you into an alcoholic. I think every scene involved consumption of a drink. :lol::thumbsup:

1092252310379113395686197443851783707304962n.jpg

LOL.

James Franco is a fucking cunt though.

David Gilmour - Live in Pompeii

So moody and emotional. What a great show. They even played In Any Tongue and that song fucking kills me. :(
9/10

devils_candy.jpg

Looks like a bit of a cliche "metal" horror, but believe me it's not. The second full length feature from director Sean Byrne (who's previous film The Loved Ones was excellent too) and it doesn't disappoint. Really good, well crafted, well shot and well acted horror.

Devin Townsend Project - Ocean Machine : Live at the Ancient Roman Theater Plovdiv -The most bittersweet thing I've ever seen. Musically, it was fucking astounding. 10/10

Black Panther - First time I've seen it since opening weekend. Still awesome. 9.5/10

Ant-Man and the Wasp - Not quite Thor : Ragnarok levels of stupid, awesome hilarity, but close. 8/10

The 3 hour version of David Lynch's Dune. Bit of a dog's dinner but you can't ignore that it had potential to be truly great if only the stars had aligned for Lynch. 7/10 for the sheer attempt at making that book into a film.

Reactions: zerostatic
Steins;Gate - Load Region of Deja Vu

A bit confusing, but for fans of the show, it's a must! The ending was the best part. I'll never see THAT scene the same way (if you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about :lol: )

9.5/10

Conan 2011: Jason Momoa is cool and has lots of potential for being a modern answer to the old uber-masculine action stars, but this movie itself is such popcorn fodder, it's not even better than Pathfinder (though also not terrible or anything). Some great violent fight scenes.

The Shining - Haven't seen it in about 15-20 years. I read the novel 20 years ago when I was a senior in high school. Writing that makes me feel old, lol! Casting was way off in this movie. Nicholson seems like a nut before he even gets to the hotel. Wish the movie would've played up the evil influence of the hotel and its desire to take Danny.

Bohemian Rhapsody - Amazing! Not sure how historically accurate it is, but it is entertaining. I highly recommend it for any fan of Queen or Freddy Mercury.

Avengers : Endgame - 11/10

No joke, my favorite movie of all time. My brother and I rewatched all the MCU movies leading up to it, so the emotional impact of a few of the big moments hit all that much harder. The ending of this movie was absolutely incredible and easily one of the most satisfying things I've ever seen.

Been watching a bunch of movies while I've been isolating, here's a few of the best...

bone-tomahawk-british-movie-poster.jpg

Kurt Russel is a badass.

51YPRzoH1GL._AC_.jpg

Looks like some cheesy 80s shit, but no - Swayze is a badass. Loved this.

413Find7D8L._AC_.jpg

Cool movie! Kind of overlooked, I think.

Reactions: CiG
Saw The Joker a couple weeks ago or so and I was a bit let down. Joaquin Phoenix did a tremendous job, but I thought the story was lacking. Maybe they are setting this up for another movie. 7/10

Run Silent, Run Deep - saw this classic about a month or so ago. The f/x are dated but the story is decent. Some good acting carries the movie. 7/10

1917- Saw it at the theater a while back and loved it! 10/10 Excellent pacing and love the way it was shot with one long take.

Knives Out - Another one I saw at the theater and I really enjoyed it although I thought it went on for a bit longer than it needed. I am a fan of the murder mystery genre and consider this a good update on the genre. Makes me want to go back and watch Murder By Death or Clue again. 8/10

I just saw Knives Out last night. Great movie. 9/10

My brother and I have been watching Studio Ghibli movies lately. Hitting up our favorites and watching some ones that we've never seen. Ranks so far :

Spirited Away - The absolute best. One of the best movies ever made, in my opinion.
Princess Mononoke - An all-time classic.
Howl's Moving Castle - Fantastic. It even has Christian Bale!
Porco Rosso - Suprisingly good. Like, this movie probably won't move from this spot. It's about the same level as Howl.
My Neighbor Totoro - Whimsical, delightful, just plain fun.

Next on the list is Kiki's Delivery Service. I haven't seen that movie since I was like 10 and I don't remember anything about it. :lol: