Last Movie You Watched?

Watched "Saving Mr. Banks" over the weekend and was very surprised at just how much I enjoyed the movie. I guess maybe being of an age to remember Walt Disney himself every Sunday night may have something to do with it. Also started an unheard-of (for me, at least) BBC television show called "Copper", about a Brooklyn police officer in 1864 or so. It shows a lot of promise after the 1st episode.

I am ALWAYS behind on movies, but I have Ted on tap for the weekend, and while not a movie, I am enjoying Lillyhammer IMMENSELY! Think Fargo meets the Sopranos.....great show!

Mr. Peabody & Sherman and Muppets Most Wanted.

Mr. Peabody and Sherman was a failed attempt to take a whimsical 3 minute cartoon and stretch it into a full length feature. The political jab near the end was tasteless and brought what had been a movie-by-numbers snooze fest down to the I'm not going to buy it on dvd category.

I really enjoyed Muppets Most Wanted. It was great fun.

I saw two movies in the past couple days:

Muppets Most Wanted: Wasn't as good as the first one, but I still thought it was very good. It was really funny and clever. I was the one laughing the hardest in the theater; most of the audience was kids and I didn't hear too many of them laugh (I'm guessing that The Muppets' humor must be over the heads of kids these days).

Mr. Nobody: I thought it was a very good movie. I'm not sure if i'd say it's "great", but it reminded me a lot of one of my favorite movies of all time; Cloud Atlas. It's a cerebral movie with great acting and storytelling. It also dragged a bit towards the end and it was a bit "artsy", but not overly so.

Captain Phillips. interesting, but seemed it could have been shorter and told the story just as well.

YVxZXSr.jpg

Not really movies, but I have been watching the Vikings series on the History channel. I started watching the HBO mini series The Pacific, also.

Watched "Saving Mr. Banks" over the weekend and was very surprised at just how much I enjoyed the movie.

Watched this on DVD yesterday and loved it. I grew up listening to the original movie soundtrack!

Haven't seen a movie in the theaters in a while, but went to see "Fed Up" last weekend. It's the movie co-produced by Katie Couric that looks at the obesity crisis. I think that the answer they came up with (pointing the finger almost solely at added sugar) was way too simplistic, but it's still interesting to watch. And very enlightening info about how decisions are made on food (and sugary drinks) served in schools.

After watching the movie, I decided to take the Fed Up 10-Day Challenge of consuming no added sugar. Today is Day 6, and unfortunately, the only difference I see so far is that I'm getting crankier and crankier. :lol: I can feel a Starbucks bender coming on for Day 11. Is there a bigger size than Venti?

A Million Ways to Die in the West. It was satisfactory. There's plenty of the amusing dick and fart humor one would expect from Seth MacFarlane; my favorite parts, though, were the anachronisms and all the subtle references and nods to things that no one in the theater laughed at but me. It's weird, being the only intelligent person in such a large room.

This was my first trip to a movie theater in about a year. I was surprised to find that the outdated AMC theater I used to go to, with the uncomfortable seats, was now all decked out with huge leather (by which I mean vinyl) reclining seats, and tons of leg room. I guess when no one's going out to the movies anymore, there's more space to stretch out. A lot of the concessions are self-serve now, and they even have little kiosks to buy tickets, so you don't have to stand in line behind couples arguing over what to see. And I don't think I paid any more than I would have a year ago. This *might* get me to go to the movies more often. Knowing some women would also help. :)

I watched Cloud Atlas the other day. I need to re-watch it because I think I missed something.