Last Movie You Watched?

Last few I've seen.

August: Osage County. Loved this one, but I also have a thing for films about dysfunctional families.
The Lego Movie: One of the most creative animated movies in some time.
Dallas Buyers Club. Very well done film. McConaughy continues to impress me.

Watched Man Of Steel. Wow, they could have cut out about 30 minutes of action sequences and I would have been fine. I find that I prefer the originals.

I saw Non-Stop last night. It was alright, better than Taken 2 but nowhere near Taken 1 or The Grey. For a thriller it wasn't overly suspenseful/thrilling. It's worth a viewing but I wouldn't recommend going to theaters to see it.

A comment on Peter Jackson's Tolkien movies - I absolutely LOVE them.. The books are painfully boring to read. I love the large scale Jackson incorporated in the films; long battle scenes instead of 5 minutes of ok; the landscape; the amount of creativity in everything.. I loved it.. I love them.. And I'm digging the Hobbit movies too. Seeing them both in the HFR is just amazing - the faster the action, the clearer the picture. And a time or two I literally got a bit dizzy in my seat. Never happened before - LOVED it!!

Latest movie viewings:
Life of Pi - I liked it...

Ender's Game and Catching Fire...

Loved both books and the movies were entertaining but is that because I read the books...

A comment on Peter Jackson's Tolkien movies - I absolutely LOVE them.. The books are painfully boring to read. I love the large scale Jackson incorporated in the films; long battle scenes instead of 5 minutes of ok; the landscape; the amount of creativity in everything.. I loved it.. I love them.. And I'm digging the Hobbit movies too. Seeing them both in the HFR is just amazing - the faster the action, the clearer the picture. And a time or two I literally got a bit dizzy in my seat. Never happened before - LOVED it!!

Latest movie viewings:
Life of Pi - I liked it...

I quite enjoy readind Tolkien :(

Many folks enjoy Tolkien.. others find it a bit tedious to read.. I have a hard time having my attention held while he goes into intricate details of EVERYTHING.

Saw 300 Rise of an Empire last night. Good cinematography, lots of blood, enjoyable but nothing unusual. Nobody in this sequel really stood up to Gerard Butler's performance from the first one.

Last weekend I saw a really thought-provoking movie called The Wind Rises. Was one of those where the wife and I were talking about it the whole way home. Animated story based on the life of a Japanese airplane designer who designed the Zero used in WWII. Not surprisingly there was a lot of political commentary about why mankind turns beautiful things into instruments of war. But the sequences where Jiro was dreaming about airplanes were very creative.

Watched The Rise of the Guardians tonight. Was like a smack in the forehead when I figured that was Alec Baldwin...

Tonight the family went out to see "Mr Peabody and Sherman" (Since my son wanted nothing to do with Muppets: Most Wanted.) Overall, it was a solid movie that was true to its roots.

Tonight the family went out to see "Mr Peabody and Sherman" (Since my son wanted nothing to do with Muppets: Most Wanted.) Overall, it was a solid movie that was true to its roots.

I'm glad to hear it's true to the roots. The trailers make it out to be no such thing, which would hurt my soul, because I love me some Peabody and Sherman. Indeed, I love all of the zaniness given to us by Moose and Squirrel.

Recently:

The Saint (1997). Liked the interpretation but understand tose who don't. Moore and Olgivy were brilliant on tv.
The Black Stallion(1979). Picked up the blu for $10 at HMV. Probably been about 27 years since I last washed it.