Last Movie You Watched?

I was just thinking that last night when watching TRUE DETECTIVE on HBO...he really has done a great job...he became a joke in all those horrible romantic comedies.

Yeah my dad said that's an amazing show. I really want to see it.

Speaking of him, I just saw "The Paperboy." At first I had to think about whether I liked it or not, but I ended up really liking it. It's definitely not for everyone though.

I want to see it too. Matthew Mcconaughy has totally reinvented himself the last couple of years after doing all those shit romantic comedies.

Funny how that sort of stuff happens from time to time. Obviously Leonardo Dicaprio being the biggest example from doing hearthrob movies in the 90's to being the high brow actor we know of him today.

I actually always kind of hated Mcconaughey until I saw The Lincoln Lawyer and only then did I really get sold on his acting.

Funny how that sort of stuff happens from time to time. Obviously Leonardo Dicaprio being the biggest example from doing hearthrob movies in the 90's to being the high brow actor we know of him today.

I actually always kind of hated Mcconaughey until I saw The Lincoln Lawyer and only then did I really get sold on his acting.

Matthew McConaughey was great in A Time to Kill.

Yeah Lincoln Lawyer seemed to be the start of it. I haven't seen it but I know many who say it was really good. I avoided it because of the previous movies he was in.

Killer Joe seems to have been the major turnaround though. Even if many didn't see it, his acting got a lot of word of mouth.

Also watched Blackfish. I'm never going to Sea World again.

I saw that in theaters here over the Summer. It's pretty sad stuff, but at the same time Sea World does do a lot of good things in the name of wildlife conservation and research so I'm definitely torn by the issue.

I saw that in theaters here over the Summer. It's pretty sad stuff, but at the same time Sea World does do a lot of good things in the name of wildlife conservation and research so I'm definitely torn by the issue.

exactly....I am the same way...as much as they do bad things they also do help with stuff. I have a hard time watching shows that have animal abuse and stuff. That is the one way to really set me off.

I would agree with you there. I was telling my boyfriend that they do a LOT for wildlife rehab. But that doesn't excuse what's going on with the whales they're keeping and making to perform for audiences, and the lack of safety they exhibit for their trainers and animals. For me, that outweighs what good they've been doing.

Do I think they should be shut down? Absolutely not. But I don't feel that these whale shows should be allowed to go on. And if at all possible, I think Sea World needs to expand their parks enough to more comfortably accommodate an animal the size of an Orca.

exactly....I am the same way...as much as they do bad things they also do help with stuff. I have a hard time watching shows that have animal abuse and stuff. That is the one way to really set me off.

Yeah even in fiction movies, I have a hard time with animals getting hurt or killed, especially if it's a dog.

I would agree with you there. I was telling my boyfriend that they do a LOT for wildlife rehab. But that doesn't excuse what's going on with the whales they're keeping and making to perform for audiences, and the lack of safety they exhibit for their trainers and animals. For me, that outweighs what good they've been doing.

Do I think they should be shut down? Absolutely not. But I don't feel that these whale shows should be allowed to go on. And if at all possible, I think Sea World needs to expand their parks enough to more comfortably accommodate an animal the size of an Orca.

IMO, the even bigger problem is that they're breeding tillikum. If that small group of orcas was it, I guess I'd be fine with all the shows and stuff - but breeding him and creating these inbred orcas (not to mention subjecting future generations to the same abuse) is pretty unethical.

IMO, the even bigger problem is that they're breeding tillikum. If that small group of orcas was it, I guess I'd be fine with all the shows and stuff - but breeding him and creating these inbred orcas (not to mention subjecting future generations to the same abuse) is pretty unethical.

Ugh, YES. The moment the documentary mentioned they were using him for breeding I went "NO! WTF SEA WORLD???"

Al and I were at Sea World in 2008 (the last time I was there) and we actually saw Tilikum. We didn't see the Orca show, but we did see him swimming around his holding tank. I remember my first thought was "That whale looks very sad." And I immediately chastised myself for anthropomorphizing him. I think my first impulse was the correct one. He was, indeed, quite sad.