Last Movie You Watched?

We watched Ender's Game over the weekend.. I'm a huge fan of the series, but that movie was just..

If you're not familiar with the books at all, I'm sure it was a good movie, but it was mostly unwatchable for me. I understand that some liberties have to be taken to fit the book into a 2 hour movie script, but they changed huge chunks, left vital parts out, and the way they completely changed the end changed the entire story.

I won't discuss specifics for fear of spoiling it for anyone who hasn't seen it and intends to watch it, but it would probably be kinder if I did.

We watched Ender's Game over the weekend.. I'm a huge fan of the series, but that movie was just..

If you're not familiar with the books at all, I'm sure it was a good movie, but it was mostly unwatchable for me. I understand that some liberties have to be taken to fit the book into a 2 hour movie script, but they changed huge chunks, left vital parts out, and the way they completely changed the end changed the entire story.

I won't discuss specifics for fear of spoiling it for anyone who hasn't seen it and intends to watch it, but it would probably be kinder if I did.

I read this years ago and enjoyed the movie too, granted I've forgotten many of details in the book.

On the other side, I am perplexed on how they managed to turn a 300 page book, The Hobbit, into 9 hours worth of movie. By this math, the LOTR series should have been 9 or more movies instead of 3.

On the other side, I am perplexed on how they managed to turn a 300 page book, The Hobbit, into 9 hours worth of movie. By this math, the LOTR series should have been 9 or more movies instead of 3.

Because Peter Jackson wanted to include a lot of stuff that happened off screen and make some more stuff up to fill in the blanks.

Personally, I think he missed the point and has turned what should be a relatively simple story into a bloated mess. Course, I say this not seeing any of the films, but I can't why any version of The Hobbit should take three films to tell the story.

"A Serbian Film". Started reading about the Bonian War after watching it. I guess I can kind of see where he was coming from.

Because Peter Jackson wanted to include a lot of stuff that happened off screen and make some more stuff up to fill in the blanks.

Personally, I think he missed the point and has turned what should be a relatively simple story into a bloated mess. Course, I say this not seeing any of the films, but I can't why any version of The Hobbit should take three films to tell the story.

I still find it entertaining, but when I went to the first one I didn't know they were doing more than one movie because the book was so short. It was kind of a WTF? moment.

...Course, I say this not seeing any of the films, but I can't why any version of The Hobbit should take three films to tell the story.

The first of the two Hobbit movies was, to me, WAY too long. I think they stretched the story of what was the first little bit of the book (been a really long time since I've read them) so that the movies would separate at good points. The second Hobbit movie was really good though, on par with the LoTR movie trilogy.