Last Movie You Watched?

snowpiercer_1.png

The Edge of Tomorrow is a great film. It's a good science fiction story, with a nice dollop of dark humor thrown in. I laughed out loud a few times.

The ending made sense, and isn't bad at all. However, I'm curious (and hopeful) that they'll included a few alternate endings with the dvd release. The story could have ended a number of different ways...

Which is one of the great things about good science fiction.

For Father's Day, the wife gave me the freedom to do what I wanted, so I finally got to see X-Men: Days Of Future Past. As a longtime fan, I was very happy with it all. They did a good job weaving in the original cast with the First Class cast. The most fun parts were when Quicksilver was on the screen. It was also pretty brutal at times for a PG-13 film. Not sure I was a fan of spelling out how the RetCon affected the future, but overall it was a success. Look forward to what they do with Apocalypse.

Odd Thomas

Just got that one from Netflix...planning to watch this weekend! Saw this week that the final book in the series ("Saint Odd") will be released this December.

Last movie watched was The Lone Ranger. Am a big Johnny Depp fan, but that was 2 1/2 hours (!!!) of my life that I won't get back.

I saw Snowpiercer last weekend. I wasn't impressed by the trailer, but holy crap the movie was awesome. The trailer makes it look like your typical "futuristic dystopian haves and have nots" movie, but it's wonderfully acted and very creative. It might be the best movie i've seen this year. 8/10

I saw Snowpiercer last weekend. I wasn't impressed by the trailer, but holy crap the movie was awesome. The trailer makes it look like your typical "futuristic dystopian haves and have nots" movie, but it's wonderfully acted and very creative. It might be the best movie i've seen this year. 8/10

I didn't know anything about this movie before it came out, but this and Guardians of the Galaxy are on my must-see list. And there aren't many movies that ever make that list.