Lastest Purchases

Bucko

Apr 15, 2001
Canberra
Visit site
You guys are a bad influence . Took a trip into Civic and got me the following for my eardrums.

Iommi : Having a listen now pretty dam good.

Bruce Dickinson : Best of . A little pissed off,as we here in Canberra also have JB Hi-fi and I did'nt see it there so got eslewhere for $31 bucks - hav'nt had a listen yet should be good.

Iced EARTH : Horror Show - don't know much about these guys buy they look the part in the booket (Nice photo) .Spawn will this get your seal of approval. if so will probably get the 3 cd set live in athens

Dokken : Live from the sun , Helloween :High LIVE , brought these on the spur of the moment as never actully heard anything of each band just know of them.

Ray Gillen : 5 th Anniversy Tribute (I actully have been trying to get the Badlands cd or a good bootleg of his work with Sabbath"Eight Star" i think its called. this may do for now.

Maidens : Killers - finally on Cd the vinyl I've gots fuked.

Originally posted by Bucko
You guys are a bad influence . Took a trip into Civic and got me the following for my eardrums.

Iommi : Having a listen now pretty dam good.

Bruce Dickinson : Best of . A little pissed off,as we here in Canberra also have JB Hi-fi and I did'nt see it there so got eslewhere for $31 bucks - hav'nt had a listen yet should be good.

Iced EARTH : Horror Show - don't know much about these guys buy they look the part in the booket (Nice photo) .Spawn will this get your seal of approval. if so will probably get the 3 cd set live in athens

Dokken : Live from the sun , Helloween :High LIVE , brought these on the spur of the moment as never actully heard anything of each band just know of them.

Ray Gillen : 5 th Anniversy Tribute (I actully have been trying to get the Badlands cd or a good bootleg of his work with Sabbath"Eight Star" i think its called. this may do for now.

Maidens : Killers - finally on Cd the vinyl I've gots fuked.

Yes, you will get my Royal seal of approval for that, Im sure after you have listened to it you will want more! No question about that :D Get the 3 cd set next!

Ive got that Iommi album as well, not bad is it?

Whats the helloween live album like? I dont mind them, even though they go a bit over the top to say the least usually :D

What's the Brucey like? Horror Show is pretty good, but I prefer Something Wicked This Way Comes.

Damn I wish I had money to get albums at the moment.... :(

Well as i have been listening too Bruce & Iced Earth ALL weekend I can say they are excellent.

Helloween actully hav'nt still given a good listen too nor the Ray Gillen thing. but here are some details of the Album.

Tracks are as follows : Hardlife(no not the one on Eternal Idol) , Outrageous , Lock me up, I Know a place, Chillin with Gillan (Ray's Jailhouse Confession he pissed on a cop car out of his head on booze), Hardlife II, Outrageous II, Lock me up II, I know a place II, Outrageous II (yeh is outrageous that its on here another time as well) Outrageous IV, The Final Curtin, Bobby Rondinelli plays drums and some guy Al.B Romano on Guitars /Bass. Basically these are the last recordings by Ray before he passed away from Aids on 1 December 1993 which is now world Aids Day.

Again Iced Earth are a real surprise can't believe i hav'nt been in to them much earlier.

NP: Born in 1958( Well actully 1963)

Oh yeah, if you dont want to splurge on the 3cd AIA set, get something wicked this way comes, its probably my fave Iced Earth cd :D

The only Ray Gillen I've ever heard is the sound of him laughing on the Sabbath track "Nightmare." Isn't there another version of The Eternal Idol floating around somewhere with Ray on vox instead of Tony Martin?

I don't have Alive In Athens yet either I'm afraid. It's on my list, which just seems to be getting longer and longer and longer and longer and longer...

(you get the idea)

W

NP: Black Sabbath: TV Crimes

Rise by Hair of the Dog is on that list isnt it Wrathchild? Im going to keep annoying you until you get it. You know that dont you? :)

Yes it's on the bloody list, along with Spiff's Black Sabbath box set and half a million other things! I would have got it already but I object to paying $37 for one CD (import price) unless it's a mega-rare KISS collectible or something. I hope to pick it up at the next record fair I visit (three weeks to go ;) ), but I won't get my hopes up...

W

PS: What do you think of "Ignite?"

I am waiting very patiently for ignite to come out and trying very hard not to explode in anticipation :)

Wrathchild yeah there is susposed to another version with Ray Gillen of the Eternal Idol sessions , gee you have actue hearing to pick up his laughing on "Nightmare " or did you just read the liner notes on the remaster.

What Black Sabbath box set' the Ozzy Osbourne years or Wheels of Confusion or is there another I am not aware of . If so What is it? Did you see that the "Live in 75" has been canned they are now releasing "Live AT Last " stuuf of the "Beat Club " and "Paris 1970 " fuk that annoys but I will still buy it.

I bought "Under Wheels of Confusion" as an early Christmas present to myself last year, so now I've arranged to take Spiff's copy of "The Ozzy Osbourne Years" off his hands for a very reasonable price ;). (Soon as he finds it of course!)

I would have bought it new, but have you noticed that all the old and very collectible Sabbath compilations have been deleted ever since the remastered back catalogue hit the shelves? :mad:

Bugger about "Live in 75" too. Still, I'm sure it'll come out one of these days.

I did read in the Eternal Idol liner notes about Ray's laughter on "Nightmare", so I guess I cheated :). It comes through quite clearly in my favourite part of the song (just as the second riff kicks in), so you can't miss it.

W

Yeah I have noticed that. I have only to get the remasters of Born Again & Live at Last and I'll have the lot, but don't know if I will bother with the later if its relaesed with the Beat Club stuff. Then on to getting the Ozzy stuff with I beeive is going to be released again and remastered any for a buck eh?

Actully nightmare is a damm fine song.