Latest CD you bought...

It's interesting to watch how Sabaton have grown over the past few years......personally though it just doesn't seem to do anything for me. am I missing something? Or is it the "warfare themes" that just don't do it for me.....lol.....I dunno.....

Battle and it's related themes are quintessentially power metal. Sabaton's vocals took some getting used to but they have amazing energy, great guitars. And like Manowar or Dream Evil they praise heavy metal itself quite a lot :headbang:

I must admit, Sabaton took me some getting into and a big part of that was due to the Vocals, but I've grown to really like them in time and when I saw them supporting Dragonforce in December last year, they were really good, much better than I thought they would be. Loved them ever since.

I think Joakim's got a really unique and good voice and I love the fact that they embrace their cheesi-ness!

It was my birthday recently so i got:

Ozzy Osbourne - Scream (With Gus G :headbang:)
a few punk CD's that i don't think people would be interested in here :lol:
Killswitch Engage - The End of Heartache and As Daylight Dies
Epica - Design Your Universe (Deluxe edition)
Epica - The Classical Conspiracy

Just Pre-ordered the new Maiden album too

Most of my generation doesn't buy CD's, latest CD I bought was a pre-order of Ascension's Alchemy EP which is currently shipping so I downloaded it too. Its good stuff. Anyone who likes Dragonforce will love it and anyone who likes Power Quest will love it. You should give them a listen

For sure Steve. They are awesome! I bought my friend their "Listen to Your Heart" single with my order for a graduation present, but Alchemy was yet to be finished so I asked them if they could ship my order in two packages and they did! Great service and I hope to see them live sometime! Hopefully one day you or another PQ or ex-PQ member could work with them! So much talent and now they are getting everything down, a lot of promise from that band!

Today I bought Red Circuit "Homeland". My friend let me borrow his CD a while back. Killer album and a must for any PQ fan obviously.

I ordered Jorn's Dio tribute album today. Wonder what that one's like.

Well I'll give you hint. It has the word Dio in it. Thats like a brand name, except for the fact that it has never released a piece of shit.

I heard one of their songs for the album and it sounded pretty good. Not huge on Jorn but you can tell they put everything they had into that song

Oh I have no worries that I'll be getting some quality material there. I'm a big Jorn fan to top it off. I even blindly ordered it, without hearing anything but the single they released :p I'm just very anxious to hear the album :D

Oh I have no worries that I'll be getting some quality material there. I'm a big Jorn fan to top it off. I even blindly ordered it, without hearing anything but the single they released :p I'm just very anxious to hear the album :D

Good deal, you should tell us all if its any good. I am considering buying it but just poor right now. Should have money by the time its out though! Theres quite a few Dio tribute albums coming out, I'm just kinda disappointed that so few of them are donating any money at all, a lot of the tribute albums are for profit and they don't even give a pennie to the cancer fund. I understand they have to make money but you'd assume they would at least give a few cents with each sale, the man was pretty much Jesus on steroids.

Dream Theater - Awake
Dream Theater - Falling Into Infinity
Simon & Garfunkel - Greatest Hits (1990)
Edguy - Mandrake
Edguy - Hellfire Club
Rhapsody - The Frozen Tears of Angels