Latest CD you bought...

and just pre-ordered the Final Frontier Limited Edition :hotjump:
my CD budget is gone but I'm a much happier person now :D

It just has to be done though :lol: a new Maiden release is a staple for the metal fan. I ordered mine a while ago too :Smokin:

I also got some Angra during the wait for the new album which people seem less enthusiastic for :err: don't understand that
Angra - Rebirth [To replace my worn out copy]
Angra - Aurora Consurgens [Thought it was time to give it a proper listen]

I also got
Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare [With Mike Portnoy on drums :headbang:]
Rhapsody of Fire - The Frozen Tears of Angels [Yep It's so good i bought it twice :lol:]

As you can see i'm at the age where i don't really have a 'Budget' so i'm making the most of it...
A Couple of years on and i doubt i'll be getting quite so many

What do you think of Polaris and Blind Guardian's new album, Steve? I'm dying to hear it.

Got the new Blind Guardian album as well.....wow! So much better than the previous two albums, for sure! And the orchestrations on this album are amazing. It definitely paid off for them to have the orchestra recordings in Prague. What an album!

Got the new Blind Guardian album as well.....wow! So much better than the previous two albums, for sure! And the orchestrations on this album are amazing. It definitely paid off for them to have the orchestra recordings in Prague. What an album!

how did you get it so soon? mine was dispached on Saturday because I pre-ordered it - release in the UK is just on Tuesday- envy you! :ill: :lol:

how did you get it so soon? mine was dispached on Saturday because I pre-ordered it - release in the UK is just on Tuesday- envy you! :ill: :lol:

A buddy of mine works at a record store and they got their supply on the 29th. We listened in the back of the store and I got my copy on the 30th, when it came out :)

I agree! My copy came through the post today so I gave it my first listen earlier. Very impressed!

New BG album...unbelievable stuff!

Though technically I placed an order for Ascension's first full length album, just haven't paid for it as it is being recorded currently so that would be the "latest" album I purchased.

I'm looking to get Blind Guardians latest when i'm on holiday. it's getting a lot of positive feedback. haven't really listened to them properly before :oops: but i checked out the three tracks on their site and i thought they were great :Smokin:. there are so many good albums coming out this year!

I got Day Six's full length "The Grand Design" to review. Very nice concept album about scientists finding a spaceship in the ice on the north pole. Epic prog metal meets Pink Floyd. Very nice so far after the first listen.