Latest CD you bought...

A crap project at work and bonus payment results in the last splurge in music for the year:

Kiske/Somerville - Self Titled [First listen and i'm very happy with how this has turned out]
Kamelot - Poetry for the Poisoned [Haven't properly listened but have heard mixed things]
DragonForce - Twilight Dementia [Listened on youtube and sounded great]
Joe Satriani - Black Swans and Wormhole Wizards
Firewind - Days of Defiance

And the new Angra should be on its way soon :headbang:

A crap project at work and bonus payment results in the last splurge in music for the year:

Kiske/Somerville - Self Titled [First listen and i'm very happy with how this has turned out]
Kamelot - Poetry for the Poisoned [Haven't properly listened but have heard mixed things]
DragonForce - Twilight Dementia [Listened on youtube and sounded great]
Joe Satriani - Black Swans and Wormhole Wizards
Firewind - Days of Defiance

And the new Angra should be on its way soon :headbang:

Let me know how the Angra is. I heard Arising Thunder and was really disappointed, but I hope the rest of the album is good.

Hughes/Iommi - Fused
Glenn Hughes - Soul Mover
Kamelot - Poetry for the Poisoned
Jorn - Spirit Black
Lynch Mob - s/t

Dragonforce - Twilight Dementia
Nightwish - Once (second copy)

Me latest purchases:

Annihilator - Alice In Hell, Set The World on Fire, King of the Kill, Criteria for a Black Widow, Schizo Deluxe, Metal

Sabaton - The Art of War (Re-armed Edition)

Thaurorod - Upon Haunted Battlefields

Volbeat - Rock The Rebel/Metal The Devil, Beyond Hell/Above Heaven

Wolfthorn - Echoes of a Forgotten Past

Haven't picked up anything for a while but I've come to the conclusion, as expected, that I won't be purchasing anything that remotely falls into folk/pirate or other "gimmicky" genres of metal. I just cannot see the appeal of this stuff, although I know a lot of people love it!

I'm not sure if folk is "gimmicky". Seems like a perfectly valid basis of influence. Pirate perhaps but then I think Running Wild stand on their own two feet as a good-sounding metal band regardless of their chosen theme/lyrical content and they preempted the Pirates of the Caribbean spawned pirate fad of recent times.

Just curious, Steve, have you listened to Alestorm? I assume you have, but if you haven't, it's at least worth checking out the song Keelhauled! May be gimmicky as hell, but it's a fun song!

Accept - Blood of the Nations
Shadow Gallery - Digital Ghosts
Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier
Sabaton - Coat of Arms
Allen/Lande - The Battle
Jorn - Worldchanger

Just bought the new Rhapsody of Fire - The Cold Embrace of Fear EP with a Frozen Tears of Angels poster and shirt for my girlfriend, too bad I just BARELY missed out on the signed copy of the EP! Ugh :( Oh well, I'll have to get my own copy eventually, even if the EP itself doesn't really stun me.