Latest CD you bought...

Rebought "steal this album" and Toxicity"...the box including my SOAD albums got lost when i moved things around...

Kamelot - Poetry for the poisoned
Its awesome! I really want that new Star one album, im gonna order that now :D The last Star one album was Great!

Kamelot - Poetry for the poisoned
Its awesome! I really want that new Star one album, im gonna order that now :D The last Star one album was Great!

Glad you like the new Kamelot, Gavin! I think it's really good, too. Some really haunting songs on that!

New Kamelot was a big disappointment for me. Bit peeved at spending money on that. It's ok, worth another listen from time to time but just didn't do much for me this time. Star One I'm loving so hard I want to find some cheap copies of the two albums. Great album art too.

I heard the new Kamelot was awful from several places, so I actually didn't get around to checking it out yet. I mean, I can form my own opinions, but I definitely also trust those of people who think on the same wavelength as me. I guess I'll check it out before their show in April.

Depends on whether or not you enjoyed Ghost Opera, methinks!

I love Poetry for the Poisoned, I think it's an excellent evolution in the dark and twisted atmosphere Kamelot's been crafting over the past few years. I'm not exactly crazy about the title track other than the second part, So Long, just for Roy and Simone's beautiful vocals, but otherwise I think the album is a beautifully bleak piece of work. Not exactly something you should listen to when you want to cheer up though!

There's a lot of rumours circling about Roy having a neurological problem, hence the long break from touring...they should REALLY come out with proper statements on this all. It's going to be so surreal seeing Fabio Leone singing Kamelot :lol:

Yea, I'm just imagining all the weird pronunciations, haha!

I've been hearing it has something to do with mental breakdowns and panic attacks. I had no idea it would last this long, though - I mean, Fabio's going to be touring with them in the US in September this year, just under a year after their first US dates that they canceled. I really hope he pulls through.

... on the bright side, meeting Fabio will be extra special!

beautifully bleak

That's interesting I didn't think of it like that. After many listens of trying to like the whole piece it just came accross like they'd opened a box of pre-packaged power prog. Stock, generic, par-for-the-course, no surprises, just-add-water. Maybe that's how my ears interpreted the bleakness? Conceptually, I think it's a mess too.

Nice, Steve! I want to know what you think of it when you listen to it!

I didnt know that was out yet. To Amazon! I love Stratovarius. I hope Roy Kahn gets better soon too. his vocals are amazing and Kamelot are one of my Favourate bands.

I also got new Strato but in limited ep vinyl thingie + cd and bought a nice deal : Sinbreed-When worlds collide
Ordered Helloween-High Live (time to get rid of the vhs :p) and Metalium chapter 4 (still missing in the row)

Just ordered

Ensiferum - From Afar
Finntroll - Nifelvind

Going to get both of these signed when I see them both on the 19th!