Latest CD you bought...

Finally got a copy of Stratovarius' Elysium yesterday.
Listening to it through now - not got far in, but I would go as far as to say Darkest Hours beats anything on Polaris.

A little late, but I also pre-ordered Blood Alliance a week or so ago from Japan. :D

Stratovarius - Visions

Never got round to listening to them before, but fantastic album (got it through someone stating it was 3.49 on amazon). I've heard that they can be hit or miss, so any recommendations for further listening would be appreciated

For someone just getting into Stratovarius, since you already have Visions, Episode is a must-have. To this day they still play a number of songs from that one live. Also I highly recommend Destiny and Infinite.

Those would be the ones I'd get ASAP.

I managed to somehow postpone buying the new Power Quest - I'm cashing a nice refund check from school tomorrow so I'll have to do that when I get back to the Japanese site.

Along with that, I'll be buying:

Stratovarius - Visions (finally, a new copy, 1.5 years later!)
Blind Guardian - A Night At The Opera
Time Requiem - Optical Illusion

I believe my copy of Elysium has arrived at my house, but I'm stuck at school for the next couple of hours! Rage! I bet the artwork is absolutely beautiful, just like the front and back covers.

Helloween - 7 Sinners
Motorhead - The World is Yours
Nelson - Lightning Strikes Twice
Grand Magus - Hammer of the North
Halford - Made of Metal
Star One - Victims of the Modern Age
Lord Weird Slough Feg - Animal Spirits

Holy crap the Elysium art is beautiful, and Matias's photo inside makes him look like a maniac :lol: His hair is so long!

The new Star One is maybe a tiny bit more proggy than the first one. Nonetheless, if you liked Space Metal, you should like Victims of the Modern Age. It shouldn't take you long to notice the lyrical theme either.

Just ordered...

Stratovarius - Visions (at that price, it would be a crime not to)
Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys Part II (Mainly for 'I want Out', but I hear the rest of it's good as well)
Freedom Call - Eternity (Mainly to bump my order up to over £10 so I can get a discount on the Amazon MP3 store, but, I liked 'Warriors', and I've always wanted to check these guys out)

From amazon. :D

Just ordered...

Stratovarius - Visions (at that price, it would be a crime not to)
Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys Part II (Mainly for 'I want Out', but I hear the rest of it's good as well)
Freedom Call - Eternity (Mainly to bump my order up to over £10 so I can get a discount on the Amazon MP3 store, but, I liked 'Warriors', and I've always wanted to check these guys out)

From amazon. :D

Congratulations on getting three of the best power metal albums ever. Each and every record on your list is a classic in the genre.

Oh, and KOTSKII has my favorite song of all times, all genres, and basically the tune that made me love this kind of music ... "Eagle Fly Free". Play it on my funeral, will you?

Keepers Part II definitely destroys Part I. Excellent purchases, agreed!

Mini spree today

Picked up
Rush - Power Windows and All The World's A Stage
Serj Tankian - Imperfect Harmonies
Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle Earth

Almost completed my Rush collection now and its my first BG album