Latest CD you bought...

Dream Evil - Evilzed

Pretty bloody damn good!

Basically if you liked Dragonslayer then you'll love Evilized.

I've listened to it twice and it's a good, solid album.

One of my faves is a song called 'Bad Dreams' but the riff is very, very similar to The Almighty's Wrench (Crank Album). I'm also very impressed with The Title Track, The Power Ballad 'The end', 'Made Of Metal' (Lyrics do Manowar proud) and 'Children Of The Night'. To be honest every track is very, very good and I highly recommend it.

Really? I think it's very good overall. I like the variety of it

Eagleheart – Typical single, a bit like Hunting High & Low
Soul of a Vagabond – New ‘epic’ style, one of my favorite Strato songs ever
Find your own Voice – Classic speedy one
Fantasia – Similar style to Vagabond but softer
Learning to Fly - nice combination of fast & classical
Papillon – The best soft type one on the album
Stratofortress - Instrumental, not to keen on this one
Elements – Another ‘epic’ type, but not as much going on
Drop in the Ocean – good vocals but the music a little on the weak side

I can't get into Elements Part1 either.......I've been playing it in the car for the last couple of weeks waiting for that moment when I think....yep...this is damn fine......but it hasn't happened!
:(

POWER FROM THE NORTH

Sweden Rocks The World

Compilation Of Covers CD

1. In Flames - World Of Promises
2. Lost Souls - Deadly Legacy
3. Locomotive Breath - Scream Of Anger
4. Entombed - Albino Flogged In Black
5. Lion's Share - Ready To Believe
6. Transport League - Crazy Sioux
7. Glory - You Don't Remember, I'll Never Forget
8. The Crown - Burnin' Leather
9. Hammerfall - Run With The Devil
10. Gooseflesh - Boogie Woogie Man
11. Treasure Land - Love Is Meant To Last Forever
12. The Haunted - Well Of Souls
13. The Quill - Mount Everest
14. Southpaw - Disciples Of Hell
15. Meshuggah - Attacked By A Shark (live)

I bought Elements p.1 some days ago, and I have to say I was quite disseapointed. I like some of the tracks, like Eagleheart, Fantasia, Find your own voice (reminds me abit of father time..) and of course the titletrack Elements p.1..those songs are ok..and my favorite on the album is probably Fantasia.
At first I thought some of the tracks was really boring, but after I heard through the album a couple of times, I started to like it.. I still find the track papillon boring though..

Elements is definetly not Stratovarius best album. I like bort Destiny and Episode better than this release, and Infinite is still my favorite stratovarius album.. I hope Elements p.2 will be better.. I hope it will include a more classical Stratovarius sound..

NP: Stratovarius - Father Time (now, this is a classic! :))

Krokus - Metal Rendesvous
Metal Church - Metal Church
Mortal Sin - Mayhemic Destruction
Obituary - Slowly We Rot
Ratt - Out Of The Cellar
Savatage - Hall Of The Mountain King

Buncha new bands for me :) sadly I left all but Krokus behind at school :mad: bloody hope the teacher rescued them or I will be pissed.

Who remembers a band called Spellgate who were plugged in the old "New Bands To Check Out" thread? My copy of their demo finally arrived today...bloody bizarre! :eek: so mellow, so New Age....so sadly, I doubt I'll listen to it again!

Hammerfall -- "Crimson Thunder" (comic book edition)
Grave Digger -- "Symphony Of Death"

Both bought last night, after I got to the Yngwie gig only to find it postponed until April. So I popped into HMV on the way home...

I rate Doogie very highly as a singer, and given that, it probably didn't quite live up to my expectations. Not Yngwie's best album, but far from his worst, and significantly better than "War to end all wars". Probably comparable to Alchemy. If you like Yngwie, it's worth getting. If your looking for an introduction to his music, there are better options available.

I used to be really into Yngwie stuff I loved his early stuff - esp. 'Trial By Fire - Live In Leningrad). 'Eclipse' is excellent and I loved 'Facing The Animal'. To be honest I've not been overly impressed by his later albums. Maybe I sould give him more play!

Yep, the early Yngwie albums are excellent, but like you, I haven't been too impressed with the newer stuff. The last one that really grabbed me was "Fire and ice", but I thought "Inspiration" and "Alchemy" were both steps back in the right direction. Sadly he threw it all away with the dreadful WTEAW, but fortunately he seems to have learned from that mistake, and "Attack!" is much better.