Latest CD you bought...

On the Yngwie front, Fire & Ice is the only album I'm not keen on. War to End All Wars is actually good, songwise, but the production is terrible. Perhaps it will be re-issued some day with a thorough re-mix. ATTACK!!! is good but not his best.

Odyssey is my favorite form the old ones & Alchemy from the newer lot :)

Saturday I got:

Impaled Nazarene - Absence Of War Does Not Mean Peace
Judas Priest - Jugulator, Live Meltdown, Demolition & A Tribute To Judas Priest - Legends Of Metal (featuring Helloween, Mercyful Fate, Fates Warning, Testament, Overkill etc)
Motorhead - Bomber
Psycho Motel - State Of Mind
Slayer - Hell Awaits, South Of Heaven, Divine Intervention
W.A.S.P. - The Headless Children (CD to replace my scratched LP)

Originally posted by Ayeka
A Tribute To Judas Priest - Legends Of Metal (featuring Helloween, Mercyful Fate, Fates Warning, Testament, Overkill etc)
This was the first tribute album I bought. Oh how I wish they were all of this quality. Note that it's available as a two disc set, with 25 tracks, or as a single disc with only 10 of the tracks (although there is a bonus SYL track that's not on the 2 disc set). Naturally, I'd recommend the two disc set :) Highlights for me were Blind Guardian's "Beyond the realms of death", Iced Earth's "The ripper" and Devin Townsend's "Sinner".

BTW, that's quite a prodigious spending spree you seem to be on at the moment, Ayeka! Boosting your collection with a mass of classics, by the look of it.

Originally posted by Tet
This was the first tribute album I bought. Oh how I wish they were all of this quality. Note that it's available as a two disc set, with 25 tracks, or as a single disc with only 10 of the tracks (although there is a bonus SYL track that's not on the 2 disc set). Naturally, I'd recommend the two disc set :) Highlights for me were Blind Guardian's "Beyond the realms of death", Iced Earth's "The ripper" and Devin Townsend's "Sinner".

Bugger, looks like I missed out on some good shit there :cry: Amazon didn't have no 2CD so I guess it's beyond my control :loco: my particular favourites are Fates Warning's "Saints In Hell" and Strapping Young Lad's "Exciter". Overall, the album ain't as good as my Bathory tribute, but better than my Maiden tribute ;)

BTW, that's quite a prodigious spending spree you seem to be on at the moment, Ayeka! Boosting your collection with a mass of classics, by the look of it.

*blushes* Circumstance and second-hand albums all leant a hand :cool: I got somewhere over 250 albums now but there's always something out there you gotta have! Never Satisfied!

btw Odins-dude - I been considering getting me some Camel for awhile :) any advice?

Originally posted by Ayeka
Bugger, looks like I missed out on some good shit there :cry: Amazon didn't have no 2CD so I guess it's beyond my control
Actually, they do have both CDs (here and here), but they're both listed as unavailable. You can't even get them from Century Media any more, either, so I guess it's just a case of looking out for one second hand...

*blushes* Circumstance and second-hand albums all leant a hand :cool: I got somewhere over 250 albums now but there's always something out there you gotta have!
Aaahh, you have come far, young glasshoppah, but still you have far to go. My collection's into 4 figures now :)

Originally posted by Tet
Aaahh, you have come far, young glasshoppah, but still you have far to go. My collection's into 4 figures now :)

Bastard ;)

Today I got:

Candlemass - Tales Of Creation
Coroner - R.I.P.
Metal Church - Blessing In Disguise
Savatage - The Dungeons Are Calling

Plus Whitesnake Don't Break My Heart Again 7" (thrown in free with the above) and some ancient issues of Kerrang (#6, 7 & 25!) :D

Ayeka: Camel are a great Prog Rock band from the 70's who, to a certain extent influenced Opeth (i've heard their new one 'Damnation' is meant to be quite Camel-y).
'Mirage' is an excellent album and is definately worth buying, it contains some excellent organ work and song writing prowess. An incredibly enjoyable album.
'Music inspired by the Snow Goose' is another great album, however, unlike 'Mirage' there are no lyrics what-so-ever! It's an instrumental prog concept album based on the story of the Snow Goose (i'd tell you the whole concept but it's a bit....odd...it involves a girl, a Snow Goose, a hunchback, Dunkirk and Nazis) - But as they're no lyrics I think you may have to purchase the book 'Snow Goose'.... it's a very good album, with excellent songs, but's a bit harder to stomach than 'Mirage'...
I'll give you a better description of both albums when I'm not so knackered!