Latest CD you bought...

Buckled down and bought the remastered Valley of the Damned by Dragonforce. Amazing production on this, everything sounds just excellent. The live performance of Valley is stunning, too, and all the backstage footage and interviews are cool to see. Still haven't watched the Valley performance with commentary but I'll do that later.

Mastodon - The Hunter

Got Nightwish's Imaginaerum on pre-order

But mainly been getting into Ayreon in a massive way. Checked out a few of the songs on youtube and have since bought all their albums. Once Actual Fantasy comes through I'll have the set

What do you think about 01011001? A lot of people had mixed feelings on that one but it's the album that really got me into Ayreon. I think it's absolutely fantastic.

Love 01011001. Only problem is, I got the limited edition set, so it's going to have to go on my DVD rack rather than the CD one

The way the albums (all of them) flow is incredible and the vocal talent on display is fabulous. Arjen Lucassen is a musical genius

Just got "Andromeda - Extension of the Wish" in the post today. Exquisite Swedish prog metal, can't wait to add the second album to the collection and the latest one kicks metal bums :headbang:

Recently, I bought "Holy Grail - Crisis in Utopia." I felt bad buying "White Wizzard - Over the Top" and then hearing the whole situation between them and the Holy Grail members who used to be in WW. So I listened to some Holy Grail and they're actually quite kick ass LOL. The album did kind of veer off a bit from what I was expecting but it was still a pretty solid one.

Oh yeah and I also bought "Van Canto - Break the Silence." I love this album ! hehe :D

Ooh! Let us know what you think of it Steve!

This! I'm really not sure what I think at the moment which is unlike me... perhaps a good thing, perhaps a bad thing? Will take a few more spins to decide. At the moment i'm feeling that it's the lesser sibling to Dark Passion Play, and there is a lot of recycling on it - but that could change.

As for the other CD's I got recently:
Devin Townsend - Physicist
Devin Townsend - Accelerated Evolution
Devin Townsend - Synchestra
Devin Townsend - Contain Us Box Set
(Yes, i may have a slight man-crush on Devin Townsend :lol:)
Steven Wilson - Insurgentes
Iced Earth - Night of the Stormrider
Iced Earth - Something Wicked This Way Comes
Iced Earth - Alive in Athens
Blackfield - Welcome to my DNA

So using the Amazon gift card mentioned in the other thread, I have bought:

Candlemass - King of the Grey Islands
Coney Hatch - s/t
Coney Hatch - Friction
Coney Hatch - Outta Hand
Ghost - Opus Eponymus
Hawkwind - Space Ritual Live in London
In Solitude - The World, The Flesh, The Devil
Manilla Road - Playground of the Damned
Pentagram - Be Forewarned
Symphony X - Iconoclast
White Wizzard - Flying Tigers

Niiiiice Dom! Good one!

I'm going to order some CDs for my birthday... Ayreon's The Human Equation is one, but I'm deciding what else to get. There are so many bands I could buy one or two albums from and complete my collection (Stratovarius, Ensiferum, Epica, Avantasia etc.)... choices!