Latest CD you bought...

Good man, Delain's April Rain is also pretty solid.
Saw them live a couple of years ago supporting Sonata Arctica in Dudley. Can't believe how far they have come since!

In Flames - Sounds of a playground fading. Some of the songs are pretty good, most are okay, a few are just plain boring.

Got DT's dramatic turn of events through last week

Went on a mini splurge buying Dark Saga and Burnt Offerings by Iced Earth (need to get my pre-order of new album in at some point)
Also all 3 albums by Fury UK (Face of Adversity, VR, A Way of Life). Seen them 3 times (supporting Blaze Bayley and Saxon, and getting ready for when they support Iced Earth)

Decided to get Dream theater's albums one by one - latest one of theirs I got was Octavarium, and I was very dissapointed. Hopefully their other ones are better. ADTOE should arrive any day now, and I hear it's their best to date acfcording to some!

Dang! I think Octavarium is one of their strongest records, myself. The title track is just drool-worthy.

Well, was a few weeks ago now, but I picked up..
In Flames - Sounds of a Playground Fading
VNV Nation - Judgement (Bit of a change from metal, but I'm enjoying it..)

Now my money's been taken up again at Uni with bus passes / TV license / etc, but I hope to get a tenner together by the end of next week and hopefully get ADTOE and.. something else. :)

I've not heard all DT's albums yet, but I have to say ADTOE will have to be pretty special to beat SFaM and I&W. But we'll see, I'm hopeful!

As far as DT's Octavarium goes, I guess "I walk beside you" & "Panic attack" are okay but all the other songs sounds pretty boaring, but I guess they'll grow on me.

Since SFaM seem to be the favourite(and I&W, but already own it), I guess i'll pick that one up next, altough already waiting for a few albums so I'll have to wait some time before I make a new order.

Just bought...

Blind Guardian - Battalions of Fear
Blind Guardian - Follow the Blind
Blind Guardian - Tales From The Twilight World
Blind Guardian - Somewhere Far Beyond

These four albums, up through Imaginations From The Other Side, are my favorite era of Blind Guardian. I think they were at their best during these years. All of their other stuff is great but there's something about their thrashy, speedy material that I like more than the symphonic stuff they've put out over the last ten-fifteen years.

I just need to buy Nightfall and I'll have every studio album...

They are all fantastic in their own ways really. I firmly believe you can't go wrong with BG. A Night at the Opera is probably my fave because of a nice balance between thrashy speed and epic symphony IMO. At the Edge of Time is actually a damn close second though because that orchestral stuff does it for me too. Must start collecting BG, LPs too if I can get them. Enjoy your new additions!

Just bought...

Blind Guardian - Battalions of Fear
Blind Guardian - Follow the Blind
Blind Guardian - Tales From The Twilight World
Blind Guardian - Somewhere Far Beyond

These four albums, up through Imaginations From The Other Side, are my favorite era of Blind Guardian. I think they were at their best during these years. All of their other stuff is great but there's something about their thrashy, speedy material that I like more than the symphonic stuff they've put out over the last ten-fifteen years.

I just need to buy Nightfall and I'll have every studio album...

I have a slight preference to the first five albums myself but that being said I don't think BG have done anything close to a bad album. For me, their weakest is 'A Twist in the Myth' but that is still pretty damn good. I still really like their latest too.

Yeah, they really are one of the most consistent bands out there, in terms of quality releases.

Also, despite enjoying the first albums more, I believe And Then There Was Silence is the best thing they've ever done. *That* is how an epic track is done.

Ancient Bards - The Alliance of the Kings (Been meaning to buy it for ages, finally found it at a price I'm willing to pay!)

Autopsy - Macabre Eternal and Mental Funeral (The latter is a pre-order of a forthcoming Digipack edition with extra tracks).

Also intending on pre-ordering the forthcoming Ancient Bards album soon.