Latest CD you bought...

Certainly! I hate to admit that I'm only just now getting around to buying a lot of these albums after pirating them years ago but I'm doing my best to catch up! Used or not, it always makes me really happy to open up a package and see a bunch of CDs to add to my collection :D I actually need a new CD shelf now; I've had to start putting CDs on the floor because I've run out of room!

Certainly! I hate to admit that I'm only just now getting around to buying a lot of these albums after pirating them years ago but I'm doing my best to catch up! Used or not, it always makes me really happy to open up a package and see a bunch of CDs to add to my collection :D I actually need a new CD shelf now; I've had to start putting CDs on the floor because I've run out of room!
LOL that reminds me of my collection for a year ago. I have plenty of CD's on the floor and on my table until I went to IKEA to buy 12 CD shelves (fills 180 CDs per shelf).

Received my latest order from Napalm Records today:

Iron Fire - Revenge (Digipak)
Iron Fire - Blade Of Triumph (Digipak) - This has to be their best work since Thunderstorm.

Just ordered used copies of:

Helloween - Walls of Jericho
Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys, Pt. 1
Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys, Pt. 2
Helloween - The Dark Ride
Helloween - Gambling With The Devil

Can't remember which ones are special editions/enhanced editions (went through and added/removed so many of them on my Amazon cart that I've already forgotten!) but I don't care about the bonuses so much. Honestly, I never really liked Helloween when I first got into metal, but ever since I got into Gamma Ray I've slowly come around to them (it helps that the other user here, Redfox, who I know in person, has had his love of the band rub off on me!). So I bit the bullet and finally ordered five albums!

I meant to order 7 Sinners but that would've cost about $65 total - with these albums I just barely kept it under 50. I swear I have an addiction to buying CDs! Still waiting for my last batch to arrive! :lol:

Can't remember which ones are special editions/enhanced editions (went through and added/removed so many of them on my Amazon cart that I've already forgotten!) but I don't care about the bonuses so much. Honestly, I never really liked Helloween when I first got into metal, but ever since I got into Gamma Ray I've slowly come around to them (it helps that the other user here, Redfox, who I know in person, has had his love of the band rub off on me!). So I bit the bullet and finally ordered five albums!

I meant to order 7 Sinners but that would've cost about $65 total - with these albums I just barely kept it under 50. I swear I have an addiction to buying CDs! Still waiting for my last batch to arrive! :lol:

Excellent stuff! That's five of their best, including two of the best Power Metal albums of all time (no prize for guessing which ones I'm referring to!).

Pre-Ordered the re-release of Onslaught's Power From Hell album earlier.

Yeah, I've heard the Keepers albums and I really like some of the material on there, so it's about time I grab them. Ride the Sky and Guardians from Walls of Jericho are two of my favorite songs of theirs though (so glad I got to see Gamma Ray play Ride the Sky and I Want Out back in February, too!). I really hope Gambling With The Devil and The Dark Ride live up - I remember hearing them a while back but I honestly don't remember anything from them except The Dark Ride's title track!

EDIT: I just ordered Sons of Seasons' new album, Magnisphyricon, bringing my total number of CDs in the mail to 11! Oh dear... :lol: At least I can have Oliver sign it at Kamelot next month!

Great choice! Those are pretty high on my ranking of albums by Helloween. Better Than Raw is another good one.

My ranking of albums by Gamma Ray should be more like this:

1) Powerplant
2) Land of the Free
3) Somewhere out in space
4) No World Order
5) Land of the Free Part II

Hmm.. I've been pretty strapped for cash over the past couple of months, hence my collection of 'recent buys' has gone down to 0. Now I feel I may actually have a -bit- of cash to spend, so, any suggestions on recent releases / bands I should be picking up stuff from? I plan to get the new In Flames and perhaps a few tracks of Arch Enemy's release, but in terms of Power Metal I'm inbetween being stuck and being spoilt for choice.

I fancy Reinxeed's 1912, but then through here I've spotted bands such as Sons of Seasons... or I could expand my Dream Theater collection or see if I can get myself a copy of PQ's Neverworld from somewhere.. or finally get some Rhapsody of Fire, or give Firewind another chance, or save my money for Sabaton's live album or Dragonland's upcoming CD... or check out Fairyland (finally), or branch out and look into Devin Townsend or get Amorphis' latest album, or... :guh:

*sigh*
I really need a job. :lol:

Any suggestions?

I highly recommend Sons of Seasons - Magnisphyricon, but if you're looking for some Rhapsody of Fire, Power of the Dragonflame is one of the all-time classic power metal albums, in my opinion.

Fairyland is another superb band, this one from France... Fall of an Empire has everything I love about symphonic/power metal. Not one complaint about that entire album.

Hmm.. I've been pretty strapped for cash over the past couple of months, hence my collection of 'recent buys' has gone down to 0. Now I feel I may actually have a -bit- of cash to spend, so, any suggestions on recent releases / bands I should be picking up stuff from? I plan to get the new In Flames and perhaps a few tracks of Arch Enemy's release, but in terms of Power Metal I'm inbetween being stuck and being spoilt for choice.

I fancy Reinxeed's 1912, but then through here I've spotted bands such as Sons of Seasons... or I could expand my Dream Theater collection or see if I can get myself a copy of PQ's Neverworld from somewhere.. or finally get some Rhapsody of Fire, or give Firewind another chance, or save my money for Sabaton's live album or Dragonland's upcoming CD... or check out Fairyland (finally), or branch out and look into Devin Townsend or get Amorphis' latest album, or... :guh:

*sigh*
I really need a job. :lol:

Any suggestions?

Haha!

Change a few of those bands for some others and i'm in your exact position! Altough I think I'll fill up on dream theater, have been thinking about that for too long:)

Just pre-ordered:

Edguy - Age of the Joker (regular version)
Dream Theater - A Dramatic Turn of Events (special edition CD/DVD)
Opeth - Heritage (special edition CD/DVD)

Pre-Ordered:

Opeth - Heritage (CD & DVD)

Somehow, I thought I had already had this pre-ordered for quite a while until I started wondering if I definitely had when I saw it advertised online. Checked my emails and found out I was right to have my doubt!