Latest CD you bought...

Yup! It's my first Iced Earth album and it's great! It's like proper Heavy Metal, reminiscent of NOB era Maiden :D

Twas a bargain too, I got it for 15 euro, and it's 32 in HMV :D

Tonberry said:
May I reccomend "Something Wicked This Way Comes" as a follow up Earth purchase? :lol:

Exactly the same CD that I've been advised to get on other forums! I'm gonna get "Alive in Athens" though

I know a guy who saw them in Athens in 2002, he was writing for Metalworks at the time, and he got to spend the morning of the gig with the band, and then travel to the gig with them..

This album has really impressed me! :headbang:

dragonwarrior said:
Twilightning - Plague Show Puppet House (Bought it myself in the end Tonners)

Haha well my copy is in the post on its way to you anyway :D At least my photos are on there aswell :lol:

Which one do you prefere? (album that is)

Just pre-ordered Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death, the 10 inch clear vinyl of The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg, the CD single of The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg and Dream Theater's Score DVD

Twilightnings Delirium Veil is far superior to Plague House Puppet Show IMO!

I find that, especailly when its the crowd only singing on a live album, that if you don't know the wods from having heard the studio version, you really do miss out :D

Someone else knows Twighlighning!! I'm gonna have to get a copy of Delirium Veil then :D

Oh yes, definetly! If you're online anytime then... i could send you something pertaining to that album...
eyes.gif

In fact i heard of Twilightning through someone who had a great song but didn't know who the artist was so put my power metal expertise to the test and i didn't have a clue, found out somehow though, was hooked from then! Think the song was at least titled Delirium Veil, but not sure if it was that song or not.

And i agree about live albums, some people say they're great to get to know a band, but personally i don't think they're the best way. Best way is a best of album!

Live albums 4 teh win

If I was buying an album of a band I had'nt heard before, I'd get a live album! Just so more power in them

SiliconMessiah said:
hehe depends on the live album you choose sometimes! :lol:

Blind Guardians new album is out in September :cry:

Yes more money to fork out!

Not unless you want a copy of my promo to tide you over until then :D The album is top banana btw.

I was half an hour early for work today so I strolled into HMV to kill some time, and I ended up spending almost €50 on cds!

I got

Iced Earth - Alive in Athens

Iced Earth - Something Wicked this way comes

Alive in Athens cost 32 euro :(