Latest CD you bought...

My dad bought Black Ice last weekend. I ripped it, but haven't listened to it yet. How is it?

Also, I'm gonna pick up Iced Earth's Framing Armageddon and Crucible of Man this weekend. Utter garbage from what I've heard of them, but I figure if I have them playing in my car they might grow on me.

Tomorrow I'll be picking up Chinese Democracy by Guns N' Roses early in the morning. Been waiting so many years for this!

Last night I picked up Jordan Rudess's latest solo album, The Road Home. It's 5 looong cover songs and one short original one. So far it's really good. Rudess is incredible.

I also got Lazarus's Deadwing. Haven't heard any of it except for Lazarus, so I'm hoping a bunch of the songs are like that.

And I didn't buy them, but I got the following for the holidays:

Opeth - Blackwater Park
Symphony X - The Divine Wings of Tragedy
Symphony X - The Odyssey
Power Quest - Neverworld
Power Quest - Magic Never Dies

woohoo :lol:

Well I just got Judas Priest's Nostradamus & HammerFall's Masterpieces albums for Christmas. They're cool! I've also had some promos & stuff lately from a friend, so I didn't technically buy them hehe.

Speaking of Hammerfall, what would you recommend by them? I've never been big on them, from what I heard (their first two albums, if I recall correctly), but I'm thinking about giving them another go round.

Fuck. Erm. Well the average power metal fan says "Legacy of Kings", but they usually seem to only like that album. I love them all to be honest with you. I'd recommend Legacy of Kings, Crimson Thunder & Threshold. Others are wicked too, though.

I know I listed my fave Hammerfall albums on this forum somewhere....

Aha found it. "Every HammerFall album is awesome, except Chapter V didn't do much for me"

Also, how come I didn't know they have a new album coming out on Feb 20th called No Sacrifice, No Victory? :S

Hmm. I suppose I'll give some tracks off of LoK a shot, and if I like them, I'll pick up the album and go from there. Thanks!

Primal Fear - Primal Fear
Primal Fear - Black Sun
Primal Fear - Devil's Ground
Primal Fear - Seven Seals
:D

Timo Tolkki - Classical Variations and Themes
Marty Friedman - Dragon's Kiss
Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus