Latest CD you bought...

Isolate - Circus Maximus

The first couple tracks on this album really pulled me in, but I couldn't get into it after that. Maybe it's an album that takes multiple listens to really click, but I can't remember anything after A Darkened Mind and Abyss - ADM is an amazing track though, that singer's got a brilliant voice.

The first couple tracks on this album really pulled me in, but I couldn't get into it after that. Maybe it's an album that takes multiple listens to really click, but I can't remember anything after A Darkened Mind and Abyss - ADM is an amazing track though, that singer's got a brilliant voice.

I think you have to be in the right frame of mind to really get into some of it, but it is an enjoyable Prog album. undoubtably not as uplifting as their first album but the production is better and it gives it real depth, i read a review somewhere that proclaimed it to be 2007's Awake - it has many similarities to that album in the fact that it takes a while to get into and has quite a hard edge to it in places can't wait for the next one though!

Also you should give Secret Spheres new album a listen - It's Fantastic :headbang:

I bought a shitload of CDs on sale, among them Angra's "Temple Of Shadows", As I Lay Dying's "Shadows Are Security", Opus Atlantica's ST, Equilibrium's "Sagas", Ride The Sky's "New Protection" and some more ...

Most recent was Stratovarius 'Polaris'. i'm looking to get the remastered edition of Sonata Arctica's 'Silence' as well. oh and my Mum pre-ordered me the special edition of Dream Theater 'Black Clouds and Silver Linings' cos it comes out on my Birthday