Latest CD you bought...

Despite the bad reaction it's getting from most fans i like the Days of Grays. it is slower but reminds me of moments from WinterHearts Guild :headbang: it reminds me of the change Avantasia made with their last album.

Shadow Gallery - Digital Ghosts (Pre-order) [Deluxe Edition]
Sonata Arctica - Ecliptica [2008 Remaster]

Also enjoying Days Of Grays

Took a couple of listens to fully appreciate it and looking forward to seeing SA live for the first time in December

Seeing as a car accident I had over the weekend decimated around 20+ of my CDs, it seems like I'll be reordering some albums... sigh. guess I'll start by picking up my Stratovarius collection... again. :erk:

Yea, thankfully no major injuries, just a bad case of whiplash. Totaled the car though - flipping it over and rolling it will do that, haha. Kinda surprising that I made it out unharmed! But yea, CDs can be replaced.

I'm just glad I didn't get my copy of Polaris signed by Stratovarius, because since that was demolished in the accident, losing the signed copy would be even more tragic! :lol: Unfortunately, Neverworld and Magic Never Dies didn't make it, either. I'll be picking those up (again) very soon. :)

Thy Majestie's Hastings 1066 arrived today... all right! Glad to have this one.

Bloody hell, hope you're ok dude that must've been a major pain in the arse to total a car and lose your cds, if you ever need to borrow any I've got plenty to go round! Also, whiplash is a very metal ailment :headbang:

Sonata Arctica - The Days of Grays
Kiss - Sonic Boom

I got Katatonia - Night Is The New Day, but haven't been able to listen to it yet.
Sonata Arctica - The Days of Grays
Devin Townsend - Addicted <-- sounds awesome after the first spin, though I also liked what he did with Ki

it's been a while, let's see

Mechanical Poet - Woodland Prattlers + Handmade Essence
Elvenking - Heathenreel, Wyrd, Two Tragedy Poets

Elvenking rules, of course, and Mechanical Poet is wow.

[...]
Elvenking rules, of course, and Mechanical Poet is wow.

Mechanical Poet that good? I remember getting their Tales For Freaky Children album back in 2007, when they were supposed to play on Progpower Europe, but cancelled when it turned out that the organisation wouldn't pay for their plane tickets. I wasn't really impressed with that album, since it was pretty much only 5-6 songs and then some of those songs again, only translated in Russian. On top of that the quality of the album wasn't great and the songs didn't really 'grip' me, so to say. Perhaps their new material is better though.

What makes Mechanical Poet wow to you?