Latest CD you bought...

I've been listening to Vader too. I first heard them on Planet Rock radio and have had their Spotify channel on a few times since. Not what I usually go for, but enjoying it all the same.

PLATENS - Out of the World

Not exactly face-hammering metal, but it's still really good so I have no regrets. :D

Being a fan of Dario Grillo's first solo album, literally released a decade ago, I couldn't pass this one up. Excellent stuff here! Melodic AOR with some metal elements tossed in here and there, and the songs have rich details added in that I don't hear that often from a lot of other music. Some songs are long, but each time I listen to them, it feels like it's only been 2 minutes.

The "No Easy Way Out" cover is a nice bonus, too. :)

I really can't decide what CD I should buy next. So many I want that I can't see the trees because of the forest:p.

Hey Steve - would love to hear your thoughts on the new Guardian. Just got mine yesterday and went through it once. Definitely an album that demands multiple listens, it's so dense, but the first spin reminded me of a mix of A Night At The Opera and Imaginations!