Learn Fast Songs

he, almost everything haggard said was right. seriously, there's no pitch-shifter which shifts to dropped d...how in all the world should that be possible, like the effect knows which string you are playing or smth?
i think it is funny that oin said that his effect can pitch down 20 octaves ^^.

haggard: there really is a B sharp and a C flat. while the chromatic scale goes C C# D D# E F F# G G# A A# B C there are possibilities for B# and Cb. let me give an example:

you take the standard C#-minor scale:
C# D# E F# G# A B C#
and now you want to transform it to harmonic C#-minor so you gotta take the 7th (the B) and put it one step up (B#). so your new scale is:
C# D# E F# G# A B# C#
the B# is the same note as a C (physically) but because it's origin is the B it is refered to as B#. this is a common way to name it...

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
haggard: there really is a B sharp and a C flat. while the chromatic scale goes C C# D D# E F F# G G# A A# B C there are possibilities for B# and Cb. let me give an example:

you take the standard C#-minor scale:
C# D# E F# G# A B C#
and now you want to transform it to harmonic C#-minor so you gotta take the 7th (the B) and put it one step up (B#). so your new scale is:
C# D# E F# G# A B# C#
the B# is the same note as a C (physically) but because it's origin is the B it is refered to as B#. this is a common way to name it...

Ok, I see what you're saying - notation-wise, you can include a B#...But I was talking purely chromatically - he doesn't know the string names, so telling him that there is a B# would only confuse him. For example, if he starts counting up the frets on the A string and INCLUDES a B#, that would put a C on the 4th fret rather than 3rd.

if that's what you meant bangadrian, my bizzle.

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
he, almost everything haggard said was right. seriously, there's no pitch-shifter which shifts to dropped d...how in all the world should that be possible, like the effect knows which string you are playing or smth?
actually, the roland vga amp can change tunings but you have to have a special pickup w/ a 13-pin connector installed :Spin:

haggard said:
Ok, I see what you're saying - notation-wise, you can include a B#...But I was talking purely chromatically - he doesn't know the string names, so telling him that there is a B# would only confuse him. For example, if he starts counting up the frets on the A string and INCLUDES a B#, that would put a C on the 4th fret rather than 3rd.

i see where you are coming from. yea, the whole notation system isnt exactly most logical, it is just what everybody uses. it doesnt make sense but i got used to it quite good. oink should get a book about music-theory and read it. that helps alot!

My effect pedal can tune all of my strings down by 20 octaves, you just can't really hear the sound at that point cause its so low, it doesn't really play though my amp... heh... I use a Digitech RP300A multi-effect guitar pedal, for some clarification here.

Yes, it tunes down all the strings (which is convenient for playing stuff like Bloodbath, that is tuned to B tuning.) But as far as drop D goes, I could first drop my string down into D, and THEN use the pedal to drop by 2 more octaves or so to make it fucking heavy. Not that I would do that though, because being heavy with no reason to be heavy is gay.

I'm focusing on standard E tuning, because I've decided that is what I would like to stick with when I start writing songs. Being overly detuned isn't really necessary. Opeth's Orchid was a pretty damn sweet album, as well as Morningrise - there is an example of what you can do with E tuning. So why would you tune lower? To make crowd-hoppy-hop-hop-in-the-pit-music, like the Logmasters make.

How would I play something he tells me to play, you ask? Tablatures. :p I know all the symbols and stuff on the tablatures and can play them pretty directly so to speak.. I learned how to play the main part of "The Bard's Song" using Tablatures, though I still suck at doing the low string and high string finger-pluckin' at the same time. My hand-eye coordination (or whatever) is still pretty weak.

I might record some audio and put it up on my ftp so people can get a better idea of what I can play. I don't have an audio recorder though, only a camcorder so I would have to rip the audio from the video, which would be an annoying bich to do. :D So anyway jah, I'm playing 11th Hour... the strings sometimes have feedback or something instead of going quiet and it makes it sound weird.

If you know a webpage for LEARNING chords, scales, notes, etc... feel free to post a link here please. I would really appreciate it. :)

Trey Parker said:
of course every single thing you said was right, i wouldn't say every single thing was wrong then would i? smart guyno, you're not. funny that you had to ask me that when it's your life, but hey, i'm a giver not a taker

don't be a faggot, dude. just move on.

Trey Parker said:
no i think want to spend more time on the subject. i've already dedicated an entire week thinking about it and you, why should i stop? give me one good reason

because we must internet battle. dur.

Evan84 said:
<Oinkness> if i do a cover, it'll be a pain of salvation cover :p or early opeth
<Oinkness> stuff after morningrise started to get easy
oh shit. nothing in this forum has ever made me fall out of my chair until i saw you sig, Evan. *please* tell me where to get that!