Legendary Steven Slate Kick 10 sample

I lold hard.

Sorry, I couldn't resist...
eqSettings.jpg

wait... i-am-legend!

j/k kermit pic, hands down!

@azistenostora... your sig is cracking me up right now! :lol:

Compress it hard, scoop the mids, reverb. Any more specific than that is going to really depend on your mix and the style you're after.

Oh, and just so you know, asking really nooby questions really seems to piss the people around here off. So... fair warning.

Thx Jormyn, appreciate the feedback.

I don't get what's wrong with this post though. I'm not a newbie, I been mixing and recording for
Years. I'm just saying that I know about 10 different bands that have used that sample and made it sound radically different each time. Just wanted some input on what different compressors ppl are trying to get these huge sounds, or even sample layering or whatever. You know, just normal forum convo stuff.

If this thread doesn't interest you, then you have a choice to not read it.

I like to take an eq, boost at 40hz and 300hz. Then I like to cut at 80 hz and cut using a shelf at 5khz.

Then I like to throw on a compressor, super fast attack as fast as the compresser will go and set the release to like 1200ms. Then I like to compress the fuck out of it using a 12:1 ratio and set the threshold to around -40db.

Then I like to stick a transient designer on it and dime the attack and lower the sustain all the way.

I like to take an eq, boost at 40hz and 300hz. Then I like to cut at 80 hz and cut using a shelf at 5khz.

Then I like to throw on a compressor, super fast attack as fast as the compresser will go and set the release to like 1200ms. Then I like to compress the fuck out of it using a 12:1 ratio and set the threshold to around -40db.

Then I like to stick a transient designer on it and dime the attack and lower the sustain all the way.

Awesome info dude :) gonna try it out, I'm gonna post my settings soon, internet is down and I'm using my phone. I'm a UMF junkie :) haha

:p

:lol:
Or you could point a c414 at your lap the next time you jerk off.

Good trick, i usually use a parallel bus next to kick that has huge amount reverb. Then i hipass it around 500 and lowpass around 2000, compress it with rcomp as hard as the original kick signal then add 8 random kick samples on the reverb channel blended 50/50 to bring out some progressivity.