Let's make me a good bassist... tips?

Really can't decide whether to use keyboard or not... I only want it for some ghostly choirs sounds. Also there's the aspect of piano having the attacky, lush but short sound, which can't be emulated with guitar. I need to think if I can come up with choirs that fit this type of metal... Maybe I'm limiting myself unnecessarily with E and no keyboard?... But I tried different tunings again and I just like the tight sound of E, and I hate bulky strings on guitar... Of course D is great with its type of music, but even D seems too low for black metal. I was considering drop D, but it encourages using the low power chords so much that it steers away from black metal subconsciously. On E I just miss a couple lower power chords sometimes. I'm challenging myself to create heaviness with music rather than sound.

Last edited:
Nearly finished with a new song (one of the seven I've been planning all along), and it's manifesting as I intended. Same as in my other creative hobby it's like I'm incubating certain ideas for a long time and eventually they sort of give birth to themselves. First there's an abstract idea that evolves to something more concrete until I sort of see how it's crafted. I like to have an idea in my mind before grabbing the instrument and talking with it.

I now have five songs ready out of the seven (minus some arrangements). It's shaping up to be a hell of an album. Can't wait to let you hear it. It's got a strong theme and artwork also.

I can now answer my own question of old about staying within scale or not.

It's challenging enough creativity-wise to make interesting music with all notes that exist, so limiting yourself to a certain scale is like voluntarily crippling yourself by tearing off your legs before war. I give special mention to the acoustic guitar guys who are overly concerned about theory and want to write songs in those mathematical formations they think is the only correct way to do it... wonder why they almost never write a good song... not to say they could if they forgot about theory, but are they really so invalid creativity-wise they voluntarily enslave themselves to those silly chord progression rules and being careful about not investigating anything interesting...

I stopped thinking about the scale completely and just think about intervals. Especially black metal uses dissonance deliberately, it just has to be done tastefully, just as the softening satisfaction of tension to release is used sparingly.

My album is now done! I should have it put on youtube within a month or so. It's extremely atmospheric, shamanic black metal with gripping ideas in each of the seven songs. I learned some tricks along the way how to make interesting sections. Is it a good way to prove your album belongs to you copyright-wise by uploading it on youtube? I need to be sure of that. What else can I do?

I'll just check some fingerings and work some more on the lyrics and look for a drummer and singer and place to record.

My album is now done! I should have it put on youtube within a month or so. It's extremely atmospheric, shamanic black metal with gripping ideas in each of the seven songs. I learned some tricks along the way how to make interesting sections. Is it a good way to prove your album belongs to you copyright-wise by uploading it on youtube? I need to be sure of that. What else can I do?

I'll just check some fingerings and work some more on the lyrics and look for a drummer and singer and place to record.
I doubt you'll get it on YT within a month if you haven't recorded it yet, but I'm eager to hear it anyway when it's finished.

Any form of online media that you can prove to be yours should be fine for copyright. How many unsigned bands are there that don't upload their songs to YouTube etc? I certainly don't know any.

As for other places to upload the album, you can try Soundcloud or Bandcamp (This might end up making you little money even as Bandcamp is meant for selling music). If you want the album on Spotify you can do that (For free) through RouteNote.

I mean I'll put it there in midi (tux guitar) format first, partly to attract players and singers for the project for recording and live...

I mean I'll put it there in midi (tux guitar) format first, partly to attract players and singers for the project for recording and live...
In that case it should go just fine.

Are you planning on releasing the songs as just TG audio or as actual tabs so the potential players can look and play them? You can export wave files from TG if you want to upload just the audio. If you want tabs I'd recommend saving them as GP5 files since most people don't have TG and you can't open TG files with Guitar Pro.

Just audio, then if someone close by is interested he can contact and I'll meet up and if he's legitimate I could send his instrument tracks as tg, no others. :D

I'm doing the logo now with an artist. Otherwise it's ready. Should I upload it here same time with Hexed and have a poll which one fans like more?

Last edited:
OMG I thought it was gonna be just export to mp3 but it seems I need to install Audacity or something and then learn to use it.

Album. It's my album vs Bodom's new album.

Now I'm trying to figure how to make tux guitar files into music files...
File > Export > Audio File

It will export a Wave file. To turn this into an mp3 I recommend this program: https://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-Audio-Converter.htm

I've been using it for as long as I can remember to convert songs from one format to another, and it's really easy to use (Drag the Wave files into Free Audio Converter, choose an output folder, and a format (mp3), and click convert).

I downloaded Switch, but when I export from Tux to Wave format, the sounds are crap, like the basic sounds. This is frustrating.

Now using Audacity, but it's recording from the computer speaker, not the audio from the files I play!

Last edited:
I downloaded Switch, but when I export from Tux to Wave format, the sounds are crap, like the basic sounds. This is frustrating.

Now using Audacity, but it's recording from the computer speaker, not the audio from the files I play!
What are you trying to do? The WAV export exports the sounds just like they are in TG. Unless you have a DAW like Cubase or Pro Tools, I don't think you can get better sounds than that.

For Audacity, you need to set up your input correctly. Near the center of the top bar (~3 cm down from the top edge of your screen) there is a picture of a mic and a drop down menu next to it. For me the one that records input straight from the soundcard (Which is what you want to have), is called Steinberg UR44 (Loopback). Steinberg UR44 is my soundcard, so that will be different for you, but pick whatever has loopback next to it. Also, for some reason, it records at the volume you've set your computer to, so remember to turn your computer's volume to 100.

I must have a version of Audacity that isn't really compatible with my mac, cos I can't change the sound options from the bars anyhow, there's only one option each, except for stereo there's either mono or stereo...

Yea cos when I export from Tux to midi, the sounds are changed to some regular steel guitar sounds, while I've the instruments and sound tones set different in Tux...