Lets try to make bodom like songs!

Hey, just an update for everyone's favourite deceased person's shadow. I played around for like half an hour and sort of have something. But I can't record it for another 2 days (at the minimum) because I won't be at home where all my guitars are until then. Do you want the tab or would you prefer a recording? Or both?

Good news! both would be welcome. if you have something on the actual song just record it. if you have an idea of the next part of the song just write it on GP to see how it would sound.

Alright, well I just sent you one of them PM's, which contains the tab. I'll have the solo track to you sometime next week because I need to use this weekend to record one of my own originals as well haha

Alright, well I just sent you one of them PM's, which contains the tab. I'll have the solo track to you sometime next week because I need to use this weekend to record one of my own originals as well haha

OMG this was amazing dude! its exatly what is in my mind. sounds bodomish a la hatebreeder LOL. just go on and finnish it dude and i will make the keyboard solo just after the guitar's one when i have my keyboard.

OMG this was amazing dude! its exatly what is in my mind. sounds bodomish a la hatebreeder LOL. just go on and finnish it dude and i will make the keyboard solo just after the guitar's one when i have my keyboard.

I'm glad you like it man! I have no idea what it sounds like because I've been writing shit like this for the longest time LOL

we would be pleased if you share your shits with us. i can record keys for you if you want to. how about making a bodom fans album LOL and show it to them and tell him this how you should sound LOL

we would be pleased if you share your shits with us. i can record keys for you if you want to. how about making a bodom fans album LOL and show it to them and tell him this how you should sound LOL

LOOOOOOOOL. I need to record them firsttttttttt. I have one that I've recorded already which sounds like new Bodom (like a mix between AYDY and RRF but I need to touch up the rhythm guitars a bit because there's one bit that's kinda sloppy and I facepalm every time I hear that one part but I'm too lazy atm to redo), and the one I told you I'm in the process of tracking right now is sorta like HB/FTR style. I don't know though, I've never really compared my own music like that LOL. But if I had to, that's how I'd do it LOL.

The others just need to be re-recorded because I upgraded my gear lately...

Also, you would really record keys? That would be awesome man LOL. And I like seeing Bodom evolve and have high hopes for Halo Of Blood, and I respect the band too much to do that LOL.

And I am keeping most of this stuff private until it is of sufficient quality :)

But I can show you one song that I'm comfortable with as it is for now anyway, if you reeeally want to hear. Send me a PM with your Skype or email or whatever if you want!

The thing with Bodom is that they have a lot of weird dissonant harmonies and counterpoint which shouldn't work in a musical context. But for some weird reason Alexi is able to make it work. Other than just experience, that's the key, I think... and that's what sets them apart from every other typical melodic death metal band nowadays.

RE that guy, he's definitely got the riffs down for the new Bodom sound! It was pretty AYDY-ish. But he needs to do more of the weird dissonant shit to really nail it. Anyways, I don't think it's cool to essentially a "copy" a sound though. It's cool to do shit in that style but that was too "copycat" for me, if that makes sense? lol

The thing with Bodom is that they have a lot of weird dissonant harmonies and counterpoint which shouldn't work in a musical context. But for some weird reason Alexi is able to make it work. Other than just experience, that's the key, I think... and that's what sets them apart from every other typical melodic death metal band nowadays.

RE that guy, he's definitely got the riffs down for the new Bodom sound! It was pretty AYDY-ish. But he needs to do more of the weird dissonant shit to really nail it. Anyways, I don't think it's cool to essentially a "copy" a sound though. It's cool to do shit in that style but that was too "copycat" for me, if that makes sense? lol

this not matter lol anything similiar to bodom that fans write and express how we hope bodom sounds like lol. lets focus on sounding between HB/FTR/HCDR
can we do it?

yeah i really want to hear them i will PM you my email

this not matter lol anything similiar to bodom that fans write and express how we hope bodom sounds like lol. lets focus on sounding between HB/FTR/HCDR
can we do it?

yeah i really want to hear them i will PM you my email

LOL. WOW. Eh why the fuck not. Ok but I'll be working on new songs for this thing then. Focusing on sounding like HB/FTR/HCDR is not a problem. Back when I started writing, that's all I did lol. But none of the stuff I already have composed is for this new "project" or whatever this is. Reason being is they're actually for my own band lol

this was awesome man. AYDY ish indeed. your recording is cool aswell.

Yeah, so I don't know if that's Bodom enough for you. They're both recorded with really old equipment I no longer use by the way. But they were sufficient enough to record with. Anyways there (might) be another song on my Soundcloud other than that one you can check out, but I'm not sure. I haven't updated that shit in like a year lol. I actually forgot I had one until today

Did you guys listen to my solo part already, in case you missed it, here's the link.

Please comment on it.

Oh and Shadow, I'm gonna post a idea for that 1:08 part today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you guys listen to my solo part already, in case you missed it, here's the link.

Please comment on it.

Oh and Shadow, I'm gonna post a idea for that 1:08 part today.

your solo was awesome, but i couldn't feel it in that song. i prefer the ZOMG_A_COW version. it fit perfectly! i will arrange it and upload an update (GP)

Last edited by a moderator:
I could record a solo for the song or if there's more of them :-D Of what I've heard I think I'm technically the most advanced gtr player and it'd fun to give my piece of sound to the song :)