Lets try to make bodom like songs!

I'm back with a mix of that song guys.
I used kirk drums, jonzo guitar track,virtual bass track and i recorded all keyboard parts.
the mix is not finished yet, i m still waiting for separated guitar tracks from jonzo, and solo section from zomg_a_cow with song tunning.
but it sounded nice though.

http://www.2shared.com/audio/mKDU2UlT/shadows_colors.html

Btw i need someone to sing over it with his own lyrics.

it obviously should be bodom themed;) I like it I have to say and I hope you won't stop now. Though it lacks some more black metal riffing haha;) Thumbs up from me to all of you!

Haha. Bodom aren't black riffing all the time, but i think i understand what you mean. Do you mean weird/scary vibes?

I mean tremolo riff (I think it is called like that), which would go along keys from 0:51 for example - It would add some aggresiveness to this song, and I think it might even have had it at some point (the riff).

Jontzgu if you have recorded DI tracks i could reamp to get also an improved guitar tone.
I created with my kemper profiling amp an almost identical tone to the guitar sound of the song hatebreeder and one of the song follow the reaper.

i could tone match to any other song you like if the song includes a guitar playing alone at some spot in the song.

edit: song sounds great so far :)
i´m also in writing some stuff for this project at the moment
but i have to shift the whole idea to june when i have lots of time :)
it would be great if we could get some tracks together maybe a whole cd
if we can´t find a fitting singer in the forum we should send some youtube cover guys a mail and ask.

Kirk, you seems to be talented on mixing and mastering stuffs. looking forward your stuff to hear then record.
The main idea is to make whole cd album, so for now lets compose and arrange songs then record demos. once we have all demos, we ll record the whole things again and send tracks to the same person (you)to mix and and master.

Btw jonzo files are good for me and i remixed them again. check it out :
http://www.2shared.com/audio/9hxO0mQm/shadows_colors_1.html

Kirk, you seems to be talented on mixing and mastering stuffs. looking forward your stuff to hear then record.
The main idea is to make whole cd album, so for now lets compose and arrange songs then record demos. once we have all demos, we ll record the whole things again and send tracks to the same person (you)to mix and and master.

Btw jonzo files are good for me and i remixed them again. check it out :
http://www.2shared.com/audio/9hxO0mQm/shadows_colors_1.html

THIS SOUNDS FRIGGIN AWESOME! Your keys are perfect! The drums also sound gnarly, thanks a lot Kirk!

I just got this song on my email... I listened to it a few times and here's my ideas to spice it up. Listen to it with these ideas in mind and you'll know they're the elements it needs.

1) Choir ahhs for 0:40 - 1:01

2) Low pitch bell sound to 0:44 and 0:45.

3) Six seconds long yaooooww scream starting from 0:51. Verse vocals start at 1:01.

4) Maybe stick some orchestral hits to 1:11.

5) Low pitch bell sound to 2:02 and 2:07

6) Six seconds long yaooooww scream to 2:12. (Scream your fucking lungs out in high pitch.)

7) Choir ahhs from 3:20 - 3:30.

(Intro melody sounds inspired by the melodic solo in Wrath Within. It ends with a different melodic idea tho. I won't interrupt with composions or sounds.)

This song gives me a strong feeling of tidal waves and nature forces trying to bury you on a sea... like an ocean's inferno at daytime (it's not very dark, yet it's energetic, so it has daytime atmosphere...) I honestly came up with several interesting ideas for the song title, such as Sea of Blades... Sea of Demise... The Sea of Anger... but why not just call it: Loss of Serenity, it's a cool title and serves the same idea in non-symbolic (and non-fantasy) form. The song starts with a very tranquil melody and soon plunges into chaotic vibes...

A short feedback of me... I think the song sounds cool, BUT:

1. Drums: They don't sound really good. If somebody could sent me the GP file, I could make them for you.
2. Keys: Same as point one
3. Guitars: Well... :D Same as point 1 and 2
4. Mixing: Is ok for a first try but could be much better if you would use some more compressors, limiter, notch filter and so on.
5. Guitar work: Whoever did the guitars should try to play a bit more cleaner. It all sounds really muddy and not really clean.
6. Solos: TBH.... they could be much better. They aren't Bodom like and they don't sound good at all
7. Joonas: Some of his ideas are not that bad like points 1,3,5,7
8. Overall Bodomish sound: It doesn't sound like Bodom in any way. More like new Norther or some random new-speed-melodic-metal band.

But that's just my opinion. Sorry if I was a bit to harsh but this is what I think

A short feedback of me... I think the song sounds cool, BUT:

3. Guitars: Well... :D Same as point 1 and 2
5. Guitar work: Whoever did the guitars should try to play a bit more cleaner. It all sounds really muddy and not really clean.

But that's just my opinion. Sorry if I was a bit to harsh but this is what I think

AGREED WITH ARCANE! I like you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hh7voe55yalitmx/Song 5.gp5

I made this song a reallllly long time ago but it's the only thing I've ever written that's even remotely "Bodom-ish", mostly cuz it's the most melodic thing I've written. It's really straight-forward but I think it's kinda cool, the lyrics are loosely themed on Dante Alighieri's Inferno and the intro would have a read verse from it. Figured why the Hell not, I'll upload it, tell me what u think!

^ Really a cool one. it has some Bodom element, especially the intro, chorus, and some parts of solo.
upload a record for this bro.