Lets make music?

Krondor

Jan 16, 2008
Finland
Hmm, I had an idea... I was wondering if we could compose a song where each of us would play a different part or instrument in the song. Like someone would play backing guitar, and upload/send that audio to someone else. Then the second guy could play bass for that backing guitar, and forward that audio to someone etc. etc. I know it's a long process and it ain't easy but...

Could this actually work? What do you think? :err:

I know some fan forums that do this and it's a cool idea.

I'd be willing to participate. Just don't expect studio quality tracks from me as I have sold most of my home setup and will build a new one probably a year from now. :)

Anyway, personally I can do:

- Electric guitars
- Bass and drums: using VST instruments (though it would be better to have a bass player play and record with the real thing)
- Orchestral parts and some choir stuff: using orchestral sound libraries
- Some keyboards

* For musical arrangements and ideas, everybody is welcome to submit his in the form of midi files, Guitar Pro files, or (less preferably) actual recordings.

* And then, for instrument recordings, it would be better to have the electric guitar players work on the guitar parts, the bass players on the bass parts, and so on. I don't know if we have a vocalist in here but that would be welcome too.

* Mixing and mastering would be done by those of us who can do it best and hopefully have a pair of studio monitors.

* The music would better be SymX-influenced but not necessarily so.

* I don't think we should worry how long it would take.

What do you guys think?