Lets Talk About Random Shit Thread.

LOL, it pays to wear a seat belt, is illegal here not to.

In fact because my Mustang is modified I have to replace the lap belts with lap-sash belts.

s
Isn't it a must to use seatbelts while driving your car in every country? As far as I know, it's illegal to not to wear one here in Norway too, or am I wrong Muffin?
Unless you have a horse or a donkey that counts as your car. Don't have seat belt for that x)

Isn't it a must to use seatbelts while driving your car in every country? As far as I know, it's illegal to not to wear one here in Norway too, or am I wrong Muffin?
Unless you have a horse or a donkey that counts as your car. Don't have seat belt for that x)

Not every country, lol. Lots of countries don't give a fuck, but in Norway you're looking at a 300 usd fine every time you get caught not wearing one. Half that for passengers, iirc.

In the uk its law,but the worst you will usually get is some fat copper gesticulating wildly and screaming "SEATBELT" at you as they drive past whilst in hot pursuit of a granny on a mobility scooter,its rare anyone over here gets convicted for not wearing one.

It's just muscle memory to me. Each time i get into a car, i put on the seat belt without thinking about it, which is kinda gaytarded if I'm just moving the car a couple of meters and realize I'm wearing the seat belt when I'm done. Look like some kind of fucking PSA shit. "Wear yo seat belts at all time kids!"

Isn't it a must to use seatbelts while driving your car in every country?

I believe it wasn't law in many US states until recently. When we exported our cars there I recall they didn't need belts because they had airbags. I've been hearing things have changed since.

With my car, it was made in 1965, they didn't come out with belts in the rear that year and an unmodified one can get away with lap belts only in the front.

The black one next to mine is unmodified and he got his blue slip that day.

Docks007.jpg

I have to have lap-sash belts in the front, I currently have US lap belts in the rear and I can register it with no rear belts but if I choose to have belts in the rear they must be ADR (Australian Design Rule) compliant.

So what the law in my state is saying - no belts in the rear is safer than US belts in the rear? Stupid law loophole methinks.

s

Nice motor!! not so good for the roads in the uk,to many bends n corners.
I love American cars but why put v8 engines etc in a car your only legally allowed to do 55(mph?) in?my ultimate would be a Dodge viper.
No,give me the roads of Scotland and the English Lake district,with a small powerful car that sticks to the road like glue anytime,you dont realise your alive
till youve nearly shit your pants!!:lol:

I love American cars but why put v8 engines etc in a car you're only legally allowed to do 55(mph?) in?

If you have to ask, you'll never understand.

my ultimate would be a Dodge viper.

? But that's a V10

not so good for the roads in the uk, too many bends n corners.

^ thinks US cars can't turn corners, well not as good as Aus. cars, we built them for Bathurst, not a drag strip.

Nice motor!!

At first I thought you were talking about the motor but then realised that's what you guys call cars, :lol:

s

Last edited by a moderator:
No mate,the death thing aint for me either,but bombing down tight windy lanes
in a car im more than happy can handle it,does the whole adrenaline thing for me.
My first "proper" car was Renault GT5 Turbo when i was about 22,thats when i got the liking for small quick cars and its never left me since,yes my time will come but thats something all have in common,your a long time dead,hammer it to bits while your here i reckon.

If you have to ask, you'll never understand.

? But that's a V10

^ thinks US cars can't turn corners, well not as good as Aus. cars, we built them for Bathurst, not a drag strip.

At first I thought you were talking about the motor but then realised that's what you guys call cars, :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhHJ4zEKDZY

s
No,cant say into the whole Americana muscle car thing,but the viper is one sexy car

No mate,the death thing aint for me either,but bombing down tight windy lanes
in a car im more than happy can handle it,does the whole adrenaline thing for me.
My first "proper" car was Renault GT5 Turbo when i was about 22,thats when i got the liking for small quick cars and its never left me since,yes my time will come but thats something all have in common,your a long time dead,hammer it to bits while your here i reckon.

in your case, the aspect of "others dying while I'm driving" seems a bit more appropriate :cool:

traffic cameras...and don't get me started on those pieces of shit.

Red light cameras or speed cameras? We have them both here and the newest edition is 'safety' camera, they're a red light and speed camera combined into one. It makes for especially happy times for those who floor the pedal to make it through the orange light.

No mate,the death thing aint for me either
I'd rather die in my sleep like my grandfather, not yelling and screaming in horror like the passengers in his car.

My first "proper" car was Renault GT5 Turbo

You poor Europeans, having to put up with 4 cylinder cars due to the exorbitant price of petrol. Do you get people there running their cars on heating oil because it's cheaper than diesel? I saw some of that going on in Europe and wondered what all the black smoke was coming out of some cars.

s

Not every country, lol. Lots of countries don't give a fuck, but in Norway you're looking at a 300 usd fine every time you get caught not wearing one. Half that for passengers, iirc.
Ah, ok. I didn't know. I just assumed that it was a law and a must everywhere.

In the uk its law,but the worst you will usually get is some fat copper gesticulating wildly and screaming "SEATBELT" at you as they drive past whilst in hot pursuit of a granny on a mobility scooter,its rare anyone over here gets convicted for not wearing one.
:lol:

I believe it wasn't law in many US states until recently. When we exported our cars there I recall they didn't need belts because they had airbags. I've been hearing things have changed since.

With my car, it was made in 1965, they didn't come out with belts in the rear that year and an unmodified one can get away with lap belts only in the front.

The black one next to mine is unmodified and he got his blue slip that day.

Docks007.jpg

I have to have lap-sash belts in the front, I currently have US lap belts in the rear and I can register it with no rear belts but if I choose to have belts in the rear they must be ADR (Australian Design Rule) compliant.

So what the law in my state is saying - no belts in the rear is safer than US belts in the rear? Stupid law loophole methinks.

s
Stoopid law is stoopid.
And oh my gosh dude, you have a bloody Mustang?! :worship: I like!
If I'm not going for a teeny tiny supercute Mini Cooper, I would probably go for an Impala :oops:
2007_hot_rod_power_tour_day_4_pictures_31_z+1967_impala+side_view.jpg

Not sure tho, how easy it is for me to get my hands on one of those here in Norway..

I'd rather die in my sleep like my grandfather, not yelling and screaming in horror like the passengers in his car.

s
All of a sudden, I was like :cry:

in your case, the aspect of "others dying while I'm driving" seems a bit more appropriate :cool:
Controlled aggression and a capable car,dont get me wrong,i dont fly around all the time,like everybody has mentioned with speed cameras and speed bumps,driving these days is a nightmare,half the time you cant go fast enough to get out of 3rd gear,and so when the increasingly rare situation presents itself,i have a little play.;)

Do you get people there running their cars on heating oil because it's cheaper than diesel? I saw some of that going on in Europe and wondered what all the black smoke was coming out of some cars.

s

Vegetable oil and diesel mix is a common one in the U.K ...... But your car smells like a dirty fast food joint haha :D