Let's talk Bergstrand

the business of thin guitars and the bass giving the meat of it can produce some awesome effects. Just listen to the great southern trendkill and all that bottom end power is from the bass, while the guitar on its own is a horrible fizzy solid state mess......but together its pure gold

It does require players who are very tight playing wise though

Daniel told me he uses TLM193 instead of a57 to capture a bigger low-end on the guitars, so not so shure about the "thin guitar thingy".

Daniel uses TLM193 and a Royer ribbon mic for his guitars. I don't think his guitars sound weak in the low end, it really depends on which CD you take in his discography ("Reroute To Remain" has very different guitars compared to "Chaosphere"...).
I love most of his work, very creative IMO.

He pulls some very strange guitar tones. He makes them work with the mix always, but when you just focus on them they almost always sound like shit. There is a grainy element that cuts through the mix like crazy, but just sounds crap.

I remember his gtr sound on Stuck Mojo "Pigwalk" being totally insane modded JCM800 molten metal.

and wanna try that valvestate [8100, I suppose] on Ampeg svt 8x10 as suggested above, talking about distorted bass...

Bump to an old thread but found some new vid about Daniel. This thing don't apper often so:lol:

New Dug out btw (SSL duality and alphalink converter...etc)

Btw, what monitor is it (talking about nearfield, not the main)?

Last edited by a moderator: