Listen to the new song Banned From Heaven here

Status
Not open for further replies.
The song isn't bad, I just have to get used to it, I don't know. It's nothing catchy or great imo, but I won't judge it until I've heard it enough.

Alexi said that the album wasn't going to have the catchy stuff from AYDY, but after a few listens, the chorus is really starting to stick.

Alexi said that the album wasn't going to have the catchy stuff from AYDY, but after a few listens, the chorus is really starting to stick.

Well that sucks, because I loved that shit, fucking crybabies who shit themselves over AYDY are probably responsible for that. Too bad.

Also, the chorus (by chorus I mean the BANNED FROM HEAVEN part) got good for me too but it doesn't come until the end of the song and is very short.

Well that sucks, because I loved that shit, fucking crybabies who shit themselves over AYDY are probably responsible for that. Too bad.

Also, the chorus (by chorus I mean the BANNED FROM HEAVEN part) got good for me too but it doesn't come until the end of the song and is very short.

I agree with every part. I loved the choruses on alot of AYDY songs, but as i said earlier, you can't please everyone :lol:

Well ... I feel outnumbered! I thought that the song was not very good, perhaps mediocre. Nothing special or amazing caught my ear and it felt sluggy (for lack of term term). This is my fair assessment, many of you may not agree, but I don't see it growing on me.

^Exactly, but in my opinion it's really listenable and got nice headbanging riff.

Tho, I really hate to listen to one song like that, I prefer to follow an album from the begining throught the end, so it wouldn't surprise me if I find it better on the CD.

Well ... I feel outnumbered! I thought that the song was not very good, perhaps mediocre. Nothing special or amazing caught my ear and it felt sluggy (for lack of term term). This is my fair assessment, many of you may not agree, but I don't see it growing on me.

The more I listen to it.. the more I love it. Sorry dude, but my opinion is the complete opposite :lol:.

Tho, I really hate to listen to one song like that, I prefer to follow an album from the begining throught the end, so it wouldn't surprise me if I find it better on the CD.

Same, a very "listenable" track, but not the greatest I've heard. And I agree with you on the idea of listening to a cd in its entirety. That particular song will not represent the album as a whole, but it is a good indication of what more is to come or to be expected.

For me is a great song. I do like that it's not as catchy as AYDY (I like the album, but... :lol: I don't know how to express it), and I do like a lot the riffs, specially the intro riff and the one for the chorus (while chanting ''Banned From Heaven''). The solos are great too IMO, and regarding the solos, dunno if you remember Roope was suposed to get two solos in Blooddrunk; well, I think we already have one (just don't know which is Roope's and which Alexi's in case I'm right, but I think first one Roope and second one Allu), do you agree?

Ughh,an odd choice for a new song indeed. Its gotta be that manditory slow song of the album. I like it,its better than Punch Me,I Bleed,not as good as Everytime I Die,no where close to being as good as Angels Dont Kill. I like the keyboards toward the end. But why chose this song? If Blooddrunk has "a faster tempo,and more melody",then why chose a slow song? I realize this is in fact the slow song,so its not gonna infect my outlook on the album. The musicianship has improved alot from AYDY. I'll need another song to make a good conclusion,as will most of us.

The solos are great too IMO, and regarding the solos, dunno if you remember Roope was suposed to get two solos in Blooddrunk; well, I think we already have one (just don't know which is Roope's and which Alexi's in case I'm right, but I think first one Roope and second one Allu), do you agree?

I also think the same. But for me the second solo is Roope's one. It dosen't sound like Alexi's style.

What a fucking great song! You have to listen to it with headphones! The guitar sound is so awesome. It's pretty rough but still kicking in your stomach.

Really? I hate the tones, especially the rhythm. I no longer see Alexi as an idol for tone for exceptional solo writing ability. :ill: Repeatative solos still and a horrible fuzzy rhythm tone, thin vocals and uninteresting melodies was I really heard. :cry::cry::cry:

I mean, I'm looking forward to the album but as a diehard HB/FTR lover, I don't really enjoy this. Same with Tie My Rope.

^Exactly, but in my opinion it's really listenable and got nice headbanging riff.

I agree with you both, completely.

^^Hmm, dunno but IMO solos in BFH are way more different/new/non repetitive than f.e. AYDY. And about tone, even though I really like FTR, I hate the tone in there. My top tone would be HCD, an after that BFH's tone. But I think that if SW had been recorded ten years later, with all the improvements an things for the studios that have appeared in this time, SW's tone would have kicked all the others asses. Even the sound quality is not the best, I really like the tone there, :lol:

I can't really say anything that hasn't been said but I must say that I agree with all that fancy the track and I particularly like the beginning and how the keyboards seem to be more important than they were on AYDY. But I guess it is one track we shall see what the rest of the album is like. Should be most grand.

I just listened to it a second time. I really really like the guitar tone. Its not too heavy like Are You Dead Yets. But its not too melodic like Follow The Reaper's. Its like Hatecrew Deathrolls tone,but with a little bit more melody in it. I really fuckin like this song.The second listen showed me a couple of things i didn't noticed on the first go around. I'm pretty sure the second solo is Roope.I love the gang shouts,"Banned From...Heaven". Alexi's vocals sound ALOT better. Peter Tanget(howver you spell it) really helped in the vocal production. You can tell right away.It sounds like Alexi has a raspier tone than on AYDY. He didn't sound like himself on that album. Lets hope Janne gets more solos. It seems that might be the downfall of this album,based on Banned From Heaven,and Tie My Rope. That wouldn't be good at all.

I don't think Janne will get less solos. TMR solos were a bit under the standart alll of them, but about BFH I supose that they won't have wanted to include 3 solos. So IMO Allu will solo in all songs and Janne will solo in 7 and Roope in the other two (counting the solo-harmony thing in TMR as solos).

Status
Not open for further replies.