Listen to the new song Banned From Heaven here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I hate the tones, especially the rhythm. I no longer see Alexi as an idol for tone for exceptional solo writing ability. :ill: Repeatative solos still and a horrible fuzzy rhythm tone
I really hate to double post, but don't you think it's a little unfair to call a tone fuzzy when you've only heard it on myspace, or a rip which will be even worse? Don't get me wrong, I'm listening to the song again now, and the general tone of the song really bugs me, because it's so bad. But, I have some rough copy of We're Not Gonna Fall from years ago, and it sounds awful, compared to the album version which is fine. I'm not having a go, I'm just saying don't judge it before it comes out.

I dunno why, but the way the second solo is played, and the difference in tone, I get the feel that it's one of Roope's solos. Those of you who listen to Sinergy, listen to the harmonic that happens at some point, and the run at the end. I mean I could be totally wrong, but I just get this feeling it's Roope.

yeah i thought that too, the 2nd solo does not sound like alexi at all, its faster and doesn't use the stuff that alexi uses in all his solos, the only part that sounds similar is the very beginning of the solo. i would not be surprised at all if that was roopes. also to the people complaining about the tone, you should definately wait until the album before you judge it, i've heard like 5 rips of the song, including just listening to the myspace and they all sound different, some really shitty so this can't really be representative of what the final product will probably be.

Intro is ripped off, check this out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szFlV-83A0I

dude seriously this shit is getting annoying, they have a similar vibe but its definately not close enough to consider being stolen. also you posted in your other thing that lil bloodred ridinghood is close to dissection, i'm assuming you're relating it to nights blood? they seriously don't sound much similar at all, especially when you compare a lot of the riffs in thrash metal, chords used in power metal etc.

I wish people'd lay off the Dissection comparisons, the Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood riff was slightly similar at best. Not a complete rip off, and as far as I can tell neither is this. Still, bits of it add fuel to the fire after TMR, AYDY and Knuckleduster of my friend calling them Scantera (seriously considering getting a t shirt made.) but I can't say I care.

Really? I hate the tones, especially the rhythm. I no longer see Alexi as an idol for tone for exceptional solo writing ability. :ill: Repeatative solos still and a horrible fuzzy rhythm tone, thin vocals and uninteresting melodies was I really heard. :cry::cry::cry:

I mean, I'm looking forward to the album but as a diehard HB/FTR lover, I don't really enjoy this. Same with Tie My Rope.
I've said farewell to the old style long time ago. I don't know if their Pantera/American-Metal/Modern-attitude can be better combined with their old style than in Banned from Heaven, Tie My Rope and hopefully the complete new album.

I'm just glad all the fucking idiots hate it, while the people who know what music is appreciate it.IMfuckingO.
Although you wrote "imo": Stop being a retard.

blooddrunk = crap

First off, how can you judge an whole album when you've only heard two songs ?
And, what kind of Bodom albums do you like ?

I was let down by AYDY? too, but it had some great songs. HCDR totally kicks ass. FTR is bodom at its best when it comes to guitar solos and keyboard stuff.
Hatebreeder is a crossover between neoclassic and melodic deathmetal. And the first album is pure neoclassical blackmetal.

So when I heard Banned From hell, the only song from AYDY that can be compared is Punch Me, I Bleed, but thats just because of the slowness of the song. The guitar sound is very FTR like and so is the keyboard. The overall feeling of the song is similar to HCDR. Vocals are pure oldschool Bodom.
You get something of everything.

So to sum it all up, if you aren't pleased with this you don't really like Children Of Bodom.

If you don't like this I suggest you go to doctor to check your brains and ears.

Everybody will not like the new album.... Well I mean, everybody can make mistakes :heh:

BFH is pure COB, sounds fucking heavy, great solos, great tone, great vocals (need lyrics)... And the more I listen to it the more I like it. Especially the second solo, Roope is da man :headbang:

Its the same recipe
I thought they would try something new, but its the same.
I can sing other bodom songs over the riff.

i hope the other songs surprise me in a good way.

Status
Not open for further replies.