Listening to thread???

Any recommendations for them or Tool?

As in you haven't really listened to Tool much? Just listen to the Aenima and Lateralus albums and go from there. The other albums all have something great, but aren't anywhere as consistent. I personally can't stand APC aside from a few songs that actually sound closer to something Tool would play.

examples:

They aren't "bad", but mostly way too mellow for me usually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone a fan of Lance King? I never really liked his style in Balance of Power or Pyramaze, even though I thought he had a great voice. In Ilium however, he's fucking amazing. This album in general is amazing outside of the ridiculous lyrics.

There's no Youtube for this song, but you can hear the first track on Facebook.
Yuck, I know, but it's worth clicking just to hear the song.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ilium/129928725994

Why do people still play this music? All the shitheels who used to listen to it are hipsters now and don't even listen to metal. All the cores are dead, but I guess someone forgot to tell the bands.

Holy fuck that sucks.

Here, cleanse your ear palette with something a little more, well.... good.

yeah there are a few bands around that have "modern" "melodic" and "death metal" type elements that arent total ass, but most of it sounds like that oceano kind of stuff.

i actually fuckin love good metalcore vocals haha, it just sucks that most of the bands are generic and unimaginative and bland, and/or throw in fruity ass autotune techno dance parts.

i actually fuckin love good metalcore vocals haha, it just sucks that most of the bands are generic and unimaginative and bland, and/or throw in fruity ass autotune techno dance parts.

That's the financial crisis effect: strings, notes, melodies, all of these are costing way too much money, hence the one note songs...

I just laugh at Oceano. That vocalist is fucking crazy.

This is how the majority of 90s death vocals sounded to me.

Anyone still a fan of Nightfall/Opera era Blind Guardian or Savage Circus? Add this band to the list of bombastic, multi-choral power metal that's fantastic (if you dig the style). Actually, fans of Rage or Amorphis might like this too.

Anyone a fan of Lance King? I never really liked his style in Balance of Power or Pyramaze, even though I thought he had a great voice. In Ilium however, he's fucking amazing.
I really like Lance King, but I liked Mike DiMeo much better, to be honest. He had much more body in his voice, while King's is kinda thin and tinny at times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gkcDyHSKDw

That Oceano band is a fucking disgrace.

Neal, while I tend to dislike metalcore, Emergency Gate is a band I quite enjoy listening to, even though they have a lot of metalcore influence. Might want to give them a listen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GuBQM2fP_4

I'm actually listening to Electric Six quite a lot these days. They're much more than just Danger! High Voltage! or Gay Bar. They do everything from rock over country over disco and everything else.

And the vocal lines on this one sound like they could have been written by Ronnie James Dio.

I really like Lance King, but I liked Mike DiMeo much better, to be honest. He had much more body in his voice, while King's is kinda thin and tinny at times.

DiMeo sounds decent, but reminds me more of Dio than anything else. But he might actually be a better fit for their music. As far as a tinny sound, I think the entire My Misanthropia has a very tinny production, not just the vocals. So I'm not sure if it's just Lance that's actually the issue on that album. The production as a whole hurts the overall sound of it.