Listening to thread???

The Atlas Moth are part of the great winter doom bands for me. Always loved this album.

And Chelsea Wolfe...it's like black/doom folk pop

And Anathema's entire Pentecost III EP. Possibly their best work next to The Silent Enigma

Last edited:
I think it ironic that I consider to "like" techno, yet can't actually find any at all that I want to listen to besides a few Prodigy albums. Might be because aside from KFMDM, they are on the heavier side more often than not.
Plus, who doesn't like the music in the Wipeout games? I think this video is also a good representation of a 90s video. Anyway, I usually only get into a mood once a year to listen to The Fat of the Land repeatedly for a few days, and it's that time.

This is fucking amazing, and I don't know how it's even possible. Maybe it's just the baby's blood tea he drinks before every show?

It's falsetto. Even though it's awesome, King Diamond has a pretty terrible voice but he can sing really high falsetto, which is pretty much like screaming through your nose. It's Barry Gibb on steroids and Satan.

What I'm impressed by is the fact that he's not just up and walking around after his near-death surgery, but he's singing like he's 40 years younger. Whether or not you like his way of singing, you gotta give him credit. He should be pushing 60 soon and he's killing it.

It's falsetto. Even though it's awesome, King Diamond has a pretty terrible voice but he can sing really high falsetto, which is pretty much like screaming through your nose. It's Barry Gibb on steroids and Satan.

True enough, although I think he has a pleasant natural voice as well when he decides to use it. It might not be the best ever, but he knows how to use what he's got to great effect. Similarly with the falsetto. It might not be "real" singing, but he can still do a hell of a lot with it. I mean, he can get super emotive when he wants to. Just listen to "Behind These Walls" as a refresher.

Plus, I've always wondered why, if it's so easy, has there been only a handful of vocalists who can use falsetto close to the way he does? Is it just a stylistic choice? Even Halford can't do what King does (live), and has only topped him in the studio on Painkiller, and Halford used a lot of falsetto throughout his career.

What I'm impressed by is the fact that he's not just up and walking around after his near-death surgery, but he's singing like he's 40 years younger. Whether or not you like his way of singing, you gotta give him credit. He should be pushing 60 soon and he's killing it.

These were my exact thoughts when posting the video. He said that back in 2010 or so he gave up smoking completely, changed his diet and walks a mile and a half every day. That probably has the largest impact of all. And he's not even using a C-clamp!

Also, you might find this interesting. Apparently he has close to a four octave range without using falsetto.

http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com/CWWforum/index.php?topic=6143.0
http://therangeplace.forummotions.com/t3360-kim-bendix-king-diamond-petersen?highlight=king+diamond

Last edited:
Just discovered this band from Colorado. Very, very, very good album. Holy shit is it good. Pallbearer meets Conan meets Thin Lizzy.

This song is the most "epic" and melodic of the album, but it's soooooooooooo good. That vocal line at 3:10 has slayed me.

I had no idea Big Wreck got back together, and has released two albums since 2012. This is kind of what I was expecting Chris Cornell's solo stuff to sound like when Soundgarden broke up. As it stands now, this is at least as good as King Animal. Also, Ian Thornley can actually sound this good live. Cornell on the other hand not so much anymore.

edit: Wow. I had read some comments about how some people were hearing "Tea Party" in a few of these tracks, and then I decided to check out Transmission, never hearing them before. The only comment on the first track was "Heard of this band through Warrel Dane". Then I realized where I had heard "Temptation" before. Lol. I had no idea about that band, but the vocals are very Warrel like. Were they an influence on his stylistic change from the original Sanctuary albums? Either way, it's nice to find another band that has vocals like that.

Last edited:
WAT.

Dude, you missed the masterpiece that is Albatross? Ghosts was ok but Albatross is still their best work. Such an underrated band. Ian Thornley is such a great singer and guitarist.

Gonna check that song out, overall I'm the least addicted to S/T and SNW. They still have some sick tunes though :) Can't wait for their new one, still haven't gotten tired of Koi after insane amounts of listening :)

SNW has some really, really catchy tunes in it, although it's really disjointed. The band knows it, too, because they were about to break up during this period. They admit that those two albums are their most disconnected, but that's also what makes them interesting.

Combat is literally just an exchange between Stephen and Chino because they were at each other's throats, and Bob Ezrin was getting pissed off at them because they were so dysfunctional. Ezrin and Chino's relationship was the most volatile, however, and Chino all but quit the band during this time until Ezrin just threw up his hands and quit. After that, they finished the album with another producer. The song is Chino asking Steph whose side he's on because he feels it's them against the producer, when it's really Chino against the producer. Very interesting time for the band. Check out a few interviews.

Last edited: