Listening to thread???

SNW has some really, really catchy tunes in it, although it's really disjointed. The band knows it, too, because they were about to break up during this period. They admit that those two albums are their most disconnected, but that's also what makes them interesting.

Combat is literally just an exchange between Stephen and Chino because they were at each other's throats, and Bob Ezrin was getting pissed off at them because they were so dysfunctional. Ezrin and Chino's relationship was the most volatile, however, and Chino all but quit the band during this time until Ezrin just threw up his hands and quit. After that, they finished the album with another producer. The song is Chino asking Steph whose side he's on because he feels it's them against the producer, when it's really Chino against the producer. Very interesting time for the band. Check out a few interviews.

Yeah, I saw the long interview where they review their process of every album. Not strange that those two albums sound as weird as they do :) Will spin Combat for sure. amazing that they got any music out of that period, considering the level of retardness that was going on :)

Reactions: Dead Winter
Probably my favorite whatever-the-fuck-you-want-to-call-the-genre band after Mercyful Fate, and easily my favorite discovery of the last five years. Every single time I listen this song though, it makes me hear some serious Sanctuary channeling.

Funny thing is they've been around a long time, since 1982. I never heard of them until your post. How did we miss this band?? Anyway, check out the live video. First time I've ever seen a metal singer use a headset.

EDIT: Oh man does this guy like his theatrics.

And I had no idea this was Andy Sneap's band.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell_(band)

Last edited:
Their music is awesome, I never disputed that. But the name is something junior high kids would come up with.

Never thought I would like black metal but shit, if this isn't catchy as hell.

Been listening a lot to the latest album of some friends. Kind of weird mix of tech-death, thrash, ambient and whatever you want, but I find it pretty enjoyable. Definitely avant-garde, you have been warned.

Reactions: Dead Winter
Been listening a lot to the latest album of some friends. Kind of weird mix of tech-death, thrash, ambient and whatever you want, but I find it pretty enjoyable. Definitely avant-garde, you have been warned.

I like it. It's not that odd, really. It's like Uneven Structure in a threeway with Opeth's Blackwater Park and Pantera's Far Beyond Driven while Death jerks off in the corner.

it is a bad name, and also not appropriate for their sound. it makes you think they're gonna be one of those shitty metalcore bands with too many breakdowns and autotune techno dance parts and shit.

Ha! I'll tell them, then. I'm pretty sure they'll get a good laugh at the "autotune techno dance parts". More seriously, I think the band exists since 2000 or something, so well before the shitcore tsunami. But you know, France has a long tradition of shitty band names ;)

Never thought I would like black metal but shit, if this isn't catchy as hell.

Just saw this album on Angry Metal Guy, as their album of the month, and was going to check it out sooner or later. I like what I'm hearing from that track at least. I'm not big on black metal either, although I do like later Emperor, Ihsahn's solo stuff, Dimmu Borgir and Covenant's Nexus Polaris. Usually what prevents me from listening to black metal in general is a lack of melody, a lack of more than 4-track garage band sound and vocals that never even try.

Oh, and in case you've never heard this...

Vocals remind me of a black metal version of Dave Mustaine, some King Diamond (non falsetto) and Jeff Walker from Carcass. Musically it's a melodic/black/power version of Star Trek.

Funny thing is they've been around a long time, since 1982. I never heard of them until your post. How did we miss this band??

You must not have been viewing the forum when I made a big deal about Human Remains when it was released in 2011. Otherwise, it would have been easy to miss them, because they were stuck in limbo since 1987 after breaking up, not really doing anything again until 2008. I can't even remember what band I was looking at, but their name was dropped without much fanfare, aside from the band sharing a few similarities to the band I was reading about. I just stumbled upon them.

Really enjoy both of their current albums a lot, but I think Curse and Chapter is slightly stronger overall, but it doesn't have "Plague and Fyre" or "Blasphemy and the Master" (best song like this since Don't Break The Oath).

Last edited: