Listening to thread???

Basically they take the Katatonia 4-4 beats and write catchy songs from it. Novembre always felt more like a landscape kinda band more than a songwriting band. Cool that they're finally putting a new one out, I like "The Blue" a lot :)

Yeah, but it's a shame Giuseppe isn't playing drums on the new album. He was such a huge part of the band. I'm sure it will be great, though.

Just discovered Sanzu, from Australia. This is their debut EP. Full length out in December.

Holy fuck. Heavy. If you like Gojira, Morbid Angel, Meshuggah... click this shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably my favorite whatever-the-fuck-you-want-to-call-the-genre band after Mercyful Fate, and easily my favorite discovery of the last five years. Every single time I listen this song though, it makes me hear some serious Sanctuary channeling.

Been listening to a lot of Emperor lately. thing that usually happens as winter approaches.

Am I the only one to have musical tastes that follow the cycle of seasons?

Same here. Emperor is always great in winter, but doom is the best. Fall and winter are doom months.

Also, I've just recently rediscovered my affinity for S.O.D.'s Speak English or Die album.

Last edited:
Can't really say that I'm an Emperor fan, but I do enjoy their later albums, and especially the Ihsahn solo stuff. Not really all that into doom either, unless it has that extra factor. Stuff like Solitude Aeturnus, Argus and more recently Crypt Sermon.

edit: how the hell do you quote someone now? I get some popup that says it's been added to a multi-quote, and then nothing appears my post.

Anyway...

Fall and winter are doom months.

Used to be Opeth months. Until, you know...they started sucking.

Last edited: