Listening to thread???

There was a mail order catalog bundle with the French magazine Metallian in the 90s. The thing was huge, thousands of items, and all of them had an over the top label like "darkened symphonic black metal" or "primitive brutal death metal". The magazine was good though. The sampler CD was filled to the maximum possible, and I probably wouldn't have known of Nevermore without it.

I always thought Helloween and Mercyful Fate were more representative of speed metal in the 80s, and in the 90s and 00s they got reclassified as power/true/classic metal, although much more so for Helloween than Mercyful Fate.

But I think you're right, speed metal was just a sort of catch-all for fast, really heavy metal. It wasn't really until death metal came along that we started dividing things further.

While I think gnat's assing everything is ridiculous, sometimes it's called for. There's clearly a huge difference between Helstar and Stratovarius or Nevermore and Kreator.

I'm completely enamored with Attic now. I think they're better than MF/KD, as far as songwriting goes. It's much catchier and less quirky. King is known for writing amazing hooks and then playing them once in a song and never revisiting them. It's genius but beautifully infuriating. It's like they realized this and decided to take the music in the direction we want it to go.

Last edited:
Can I just stroke your cock instead? HAHAHA!

Seriously, Stefan, well done. I really like it and I like how you took Katatonia and The Fall of Every Season and did something good with both of them and made it your own. I really do dig your album. You should focus 100% on this project. I only wish I were in Sweden so I could play in your band, ha! I'm more into the cleaner side of doom vocals and more post doom/blackened doom, but I do love doom/death bands like TFOES, Daylight Dies, and now yours.

Last edited:
Y'all heard this new Devin Townsend yet? Holy fucking shit!

And that track doesn't even come close to representing the album as a whole. Damn, might be the best Devin album ever????

No doubt this guy is one of the best rock musicians of all time.

And that track doesn't even come close to representing the album as a whole. Damn, might be the best Devin album ever????

Pretty good, if repetitive track. Haven't listened to the entire album yet, but if it is his "best" album, it's about time he finally wrote something better than Ocean Machine: Biomech. Because up until now, he hasn't.

Can I just stroke your cock instead? HAHAHA!

Seriously, Stefan, well done. I really like it and I like how you took Katatonia and The Fall of Every Season and did something good with both of them and made it your own. I really do dig your album. You should focus 100% on this project. I only wish I were in Sweden so I could play in your band, ha! I'm more into the cleaner side of doom vocals and more post doom/blackened doom, but I do love doom/death bands like TFOES, Daylight Dies, and now yours.

hehehe u said cokk HEHE

Really glad it's making such a big impression. I think we're finally moving away from all the Brave Murder Day clichés on this, everything from pretty deathy prog metal to shoegaze coming on the album :) I would never rehearse or play live with this kind of band though, since I actively avoid these type of bands at live shows myself. But it's definitely more interesting to compose, and my music taste is getting more diverse by the way it seems. The shoegaze elements just seem to infect the whole thing without it becoming an Alcest/Slowdive tribute (hopefully). Once again, really cool that you like it that much :)

Reactions: Dead Winter
Not female-fronted, all-female. And it's not my fault Japan has a boatload of them. :)

I don't care for Babymetal, either. I like bands that play their own instruments and write their own songs.

Now, have you actually listened to the song?