Listening to thread???

I'm currently digging the new cd from The Ocean - I haven't really been much of a fan but the new stuff is pretty interesting. I hear a cool mix of Opeth and Tool in some of the songs and it is pretty cool that they include an all-instrumental cd as part of the package.

I am loving the new Airbourne CD, 'Black Dog Barking.' This is pure old school AC/DC right down to the Bon Scott sounding vocals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was listening to Casting the Stones, and couldn't help but think that it was Jag Panzer's best album...by far. The problem is that it's closer to the Nevermore sound than it is a typical Jag Panzer album. It's too bad this album was a one-off (even though Mechanized Warfare was great too).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbhsWZcK1hM

Goddamn that riff. GAWD DAYAM THAYAT REEUFF!!!

Discovered this EP last year on Stonerobixxx and have been fapping to it ever since. Fuck yeah, Belgium.

NEW SHPONGLE! Nice and weird, just how I like it :)

watch

Darkane's latest album. FUCKING love it.

Been pretty stoked on these guys lately. They remind me of a cross between something like Faith No More and Devin Townsend with the slightest little touch of some djent thrown in for good measure. They are creative, very talented and certainly don't take themselves seriously at all, which is the best thing about them. They are playing here on Tuesday with Periphery and I am pretty excited to see it :)

I can totally hear the Mike Patton influence there. It's interesting. I dunno if I like it yet, but I'm gonna keep listening.

For the record, it took me a while to get used to it as well. The album is called Silent Machine. Check it out, lots of great songs that should grow on you over time.

Here's another good one. That chorus...

Been pretty stoked on these guys lately. They remind me of a cross between something like Faith No More and Devin Townsend.

Isn't that a bit redundant? I was on a FNM kick about a month ago, and I kept listening to The Real Thing through Album of the Year. Every time I'd hear specific songs from Angel Dust or King for a Day, all I could think about was Devin. Anyway, good shit. I've actually been wondering what FNM might sound like had they decided to stay a bit more metal.