Listening to thread???

I just finished the Slayer biography, which had a lot of interesting stuff in it, particularly regarding Kerry's treatment of Dave, Dave's nasty divorce, the Raining Blood shows, etc. I never knew that Tom and Kerry are in Suicidal's "Institutionalized" video until I read that.

Anyway, I decided for nostalgic purposes to spin the first record and it's not as awful as I remember it, especially "Crionics," which is ripped right from an Iron Maiden album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVbAA-4FX0M

So I've been spinning 'Show No Mercy' a lot lately. That Slayer bio is ok, but horribly written with no editor and self-published, so it's a formatting nightmare.

Still digging Aldious. Why no, the fact I want to bang the lead guitarist has nothing to do with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NY7S7b7PO8

A friend just posted this on my wall on Facebook and I'm really taken with them. Maybe some of you already know about them, but they're an atmospheric black metal band from Indonesia. Really beautiful atmospheric/post black metal. It reminds me a bit of old Primordial and Burzum, but a bit more melodic and less bleak.

Last edited by a moderator:
NIHIL remains my favorite of theirs. Any anime fans remember this trailer?

They released an album last February, called "Kunst." Same lineup as always but better than the last few.

I had the pleasure of seeing them in 1997, which really was their peak. Sascha, En, Gunther, plus Ray Watts and Tim Skold and Reiflin were there plus on drums. That was one of the most amazing concerts I've ever seen. Lords of Acid were the headliners, KMFDM in the middle and this unknown band called Rammstein opened. They kinda did ok for themselves, huh?

Digging this album really hard. Post metal in a djent style. The video is actually two songs spliced together at the end...it's really cool. You see the "III Hail" pop up towards the end, which is the name of the third track.

<3 5:00 - 5:30

NIHIL remains my favorite of theirs. Any anime fans remember this trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWo5rlVO6hY

They released an album last February, called "Kunst." Same lineup as always but better than the last few.

I had the pleasure of seeing them in 1997, which really was their peak. Sascha, En, Gunther, plus Ray Watts and Tim Skold and Reiflin were there plus on drums. That was one of the most amazing concerts I've ever seen. Lords of Acid were the headliners, KMFDM in the middle and this unknown band called Rammstein opened. They kinda did ok for themselves, huh?

The first time I heard Ultra was with one of those US Manga trailers, except the one I watched was before Ninja Scroll was released, and it had a clip of Devilman playing during the "and when you peel back my eyes" section. Couldn't find it when I did a quick search for it last Tuesday though. The next time I heard that song was during the Chun Li shower scene in the SF animated movie.

And yeah, Nihil is probably my favorite, followed by Angst. My least favorites are their first few albums.