Listening to thread???

I've noticed that every time a Flotsam & Jetsam story was posted on Blabbermouth, people went on about "The Cold" and how great it is, and they want another album like it.

So I checked it out. Shit this is good stuff.

Japan strikes again: Liv Moon. Symphonic metal reminiscent of early Nightwish, before Tuomas went nuts with the orchestras. Liv's voice is amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been listening to High on Fire's De Vermis Mysteriis a lot lately and was just looking for some random Youtube upload of this song, only to find out it actually had a video. And what a video it is!

Hmm, first there was Hell, then there was In Solitude, Ghost and Portrait. The latter three very much worshiped Mercyful Fate, but none of them had the vocals to match. Hell was about as close to Mercyful Fate as you could get, but they were already their own band. Not sure what to think of this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8icn9mnR1A"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8icn9mnR1A[/ame]

I happen to enjoy most of King's vocals, but I'm not sure if I enjoy these yet. Some parts kind of irritate me in a way I can imagine most non King fans get irritated by his vocals. Some parts actually sound a bit like Warrel from the Sanctuary (late 80s) era.

And what's up with all of my videos showing up as links?

It's really dumb 80s worship metal (especially Iron maiden, Judas Priest and to a lesser extent Mercyful Fate), but it's fucking fantastic at what it does. Wolf has always released extremely easy to listen to retro metal, but this is probably their best, or at least their most guitar driven.

Wolf - Devil Seed

Have you guys heard this Killer Be Killed album? A supergroup of sorts with Troy from Mastodon and Max Cavalera, Dillinger Escape Plan vocalist, and Mars Volta drummer. You can clearly recognize the influence from each of their respective bands. The album spans a wide array of musical diversity and never gets boring. So far, this is my favorite tune. It's not the heaviest but it might be the catchiest. Almost reminds me of a heavier Candiria.

Great stuff man! I've had the album on repeat for a few hours now. In general it's a mixed bag of "okay" (songs with great riffs that don't go anywhere) to some extremely catchy as hell tracks. Here's one my favorites:

Really like the chorus on Twelve Labors too.

edit: how the fuck do you share videos anyway? I just looked at what you were doing in your post and copied that, but it seems like a really convoluted way to link now.

Yeah it takes me like 10 minutes to figure it out every time I try now. It used to just be tags with the last part of the URL in the middle. That doesn't work now. I basically have to just experiment until something works.

Fix this shit, Deron!!!