Listening to thread???

Just started listening to this.

As far as pure songwriting ability/prowess is concerned, this is miles ahead of anything that's come out this year. In fact, I've never really heard anything like it. When Dev described it as "haunted Johnny Cash songs" I was like wtf could that mean? It's completely unique and somewhat audacious. Best part - not an ounce of "corporation" in it - it was fan funded and so 100% created by Dev. Absolutely haunting, emotional piece of work.

Latest from Primordial. It's their best since The Gathering Wilderness. I daresay Come the Flood is better than Coffin Ships.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QwqfgT2r-A

My Primordial fanboyism is probably well known around these parts.

That said, I wasn't immediately taken by the new album. After repeated listens, its really growing on me. Best tracks IMO are the title, Babel's Tower, and the angriest Primordial song of all time, Seed of Tyrants.

the angriest Primordial song of all time, Seed of Tyrants.

TRAITAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! You're right, that is pretty much the angriest of all time and that says a lot. I never thought they'd be able to top "women and children too, with a rusty blade across their throats..." but they have.

That's odd that you weren't immediately taken in by it because I'm a huge fan as well and I actually was taken in immediately...much, much more so than their last two offerings. I think it's my leanings as of late towards the doomier side of metal. When I heard Come the Flood, however, I immediately felt like I did with Coffin Ships.

I still can't understand how they're not bigger than they are. This album actually reminds me of Spirit the Earth Aflame a little bit.

BLUT AUS NORD!!!!!!!! Mv 2..dialogue with the stars .......coroner -punishment for decadence ...... Watain!!!! .... Cassius luceferi....the gathering - mandylion...... To name a few that are in eternal play mode .BTW??? What the fuck is with this overrated Asian girl metal bullshit ... Wtf?

LOL - just heard a cool band called ancillotti - they have a guy who is a mix of lemmy and dane.....
sanctuary drummer would really like to hear this athis new years party....

lots of clown shit like one finger/one string solos ..
https://it-it.facebook.com/AncillottiBand

bring back 1981.

enjoy maggots

Not sure if there's a new subgenre emerging, but this makes the second FNM/Mr Bungle styled, martial arts themed bands (that play great music) I've heard in the last two years.

Last edited by a moderator:
The singer from a Japanese all-girl band I like is making a comeback after 2 years of battling some kind of illness. her new guitarist is pretty damn good. Can anyone tell if that's a Schecter he's playing?

Last edited by a moderator:
The singer from a Japanese all-girl band I like is making a comeback after 2 years of battling some kind of illness. her new guitarist is pretty damn good. Can anyone tell if that's a Schecter he's playing?

Seems to be. The headstock matches those of 7 string Schecter very closely. The pickguard is however not available on standard models, so it's probably a custom.

A Perfect Circle-Weak And Powerless

The other night I went to a cover show. There were fantastic Soundgarden and Alice In Chains cover bands. Phenomenal. The singer of Rustic Cage sounds exactly like Chris Cornell. Anyway, there was also this APC cover band. I had never really given them a chance before but I'm finding I really like them.

Any recommendations for them or Tool?