LIVE CONSTERNATION - NEW LIVE KATATONIA ALBUM/DVD

Thanks Scourge,

Nicholas, nice job having a fit over somebody trying to keep Katatonia discussions in one thread rather than a scatter.

this thread was LONG fucking dead. and your post has nothing to do with the intentions of the thread, other than it being about katatonia. I'm not understanding the correlation between "live consternation is being released soon" and "recommend me a good katatonia album other than lfdgd." maybe it's just my comprehension of english, but they really are not similar.

I appreciate that. It's just that coming across so many threads where people have had a go at the thread starter for creating something unnecessary, I thought it would be nice to collect all Katatonia discussion in one thread. Maybe poor judgement on my part, but it's done now.

Black Sessions dvd setlist >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> this one. Sure the camerawork was iffy, but the sound was great and at least the audio was actually synced unlike some metal dvds i can name >:O

I appreciate that. It's just that coming across so many threads where people have had a go at the thread starter for creating something unnecessary, I thought it would be nice to collect all Katatonia discussion in one thread. Maybe poor judgement on my part, but it's done now.

it shows that you actually used the search function unless almost every other new person, so it was good judgement :cool:

get The Great Cold Distance, it's awesome

if you want something more Opeth-like try also Brave Murder Day (in which the singer is none other than Mikael Akerfeldt!)

This thread seems fitting enough. I got into Last Fair Deal Gone Down and while it has quality songs, it is just missing that epicness that I hear in Opeth and other bands. There is a lot of Katatonia praise circulating the boards so I was wondering what album I should get into next? Also interested in people's views of LFDGD,

Cheers

you must understand katatonia isn't the kind of band opeth is. although they do share a notable melancholy in their sound, katatonia really strays more to the 3-4 minute, less progressive, more song oriented sound. if you begin to understand this about katatonia, you will start to soon see their potential for being quite possibly the best "rock" band in history. their songs are more simple, but so refined, catchy, and cold!!

you must understand katatonia isn't the kind of band opeth is. although they do share a notable melancholy in their sound, katatonia really strays more to the 3-4 minute, less progressive, more song oriented sound. if you begin to understand this about katatonia, you will start to soon see their potential for being quite possibly the best "rock" band in history. their songs are more simple, but so refined, catchy, and cold!!

That, sir, is an excellent way to summarize it. :kickass: