Dark world Burden
The Voice of Failure
Autumn Reflection
Rain
The Pale Haunt Departure

40' in total
crowd : approx 2500 people in the Marquee 1 at mid-day
I took pictures and made a small vid.
Bought the DVD also in the Metalzone Booth.

More info later in other threads.
Talked to Larry and Joe, who was wearing a Kiss T-shirt :)

Had also a nice talk with Hawk, great seeing him "live"

That's it for now, i'm tired and Opeth has cancelled, due to illness of Mike.
So it will be Arch Enemy instead

Hey guys, checking in from the hotel! THe show was AWESOME. We had a blast. Graspop was easiest the greatest show we've ever played, and the most organized festival I've seen. Simply stunning.

We were given an estimation of 5000 people by the end of our set in the tent. The tent holds 12,000 packed in. Here's a crowd photo taken during the opening song, keep in mind you can't see the left side and and by the time we hit the half way point, more came in to the tent.

crowd1.jpg

ALSO, the entire set was pro shot, and I'm going to upload a song to YouTube right now!

Glad to hear you guys had such a great show! Wish I could have been there. The video is messed up, audio is normal but video is way too fast.

Sorry to be an extremely observant fanboy.....

Looks like Chris and Vito got some new axes??
Is that a Ric on Chris?
I don't recall Vito playing an ESP, though I could be wrong.

yeah, vito was still playing his LTD.

as for chris, a new axe was not the only new thing he was sporting. new vocals and a new beard, cool stuff hehe. as for the bass NO WAY that is a ric. I used to have a 4003, awesome axe! But a 400x is much larger than what Chris is playing. Also they have a crested headstock. If it were a rick the other possibility would be a 300x bass but they were intended as a budget model and don't have any binding, so can't be that either :)

The video doesnt show his bass from the front unfortunately but you can see that it's a singlecut model with block inlays and single binding. My bet is on a Epiphone Les Paul bass. The current model doesn't have block inlays, but iirc the older ones did...

i-3_B_L.JPG

I played a vintage Gibson LP a couple of few weeks ago, cool bass, especially over the Orange and Ampeg tube amps we were using hehe. But the epiphone is probably much different (not necessarily worse). It's full scale for starters, whereas the gibson is shorter... with those humbuckers and all it will probably work out better for ND than the P he was playing before :)

video shots are cool, too bad larry's mostly inaudible :( cya next week guys!

Whoa!! Great show! I had such a good time. Bought the DVD at the Metalzone booth and met oeyenjo and his friend. It was great meeting you! Come to the Dynamo when you have the time guys! I'll buy ya a beer. :)

Can't wait for the Dynamo show. I am really counting the days. The DVD is really great. I will review it for Aardschok magazine. When this goes well I hope ND will return to Europe soon to do a tour again. This has only whetted my appetite for more Novembers Doom!!

Fucking awesome video! Too bad I couldn't go to graspop this year (same for last year haha, but 2006 was awesome). Ah well, I'll see you guys next Wednesday, can't wait :D

Hopefully there will be some merchandise for sale?

Sorry to be an extremely observant fanboy.....

Looks like Chris and Vito got some new axes??
Is that a Ric on Chris?
I don't recall Vito playing an ESP, though I could be wrong.

Hey Jason, they aren't new, Chris might not have used that bass at a US show before, but he used at a show or two last European tour. That guitar I have is the same LTD guitar I've been using for a while now.

Thanks for all the great comments guys, we are having a blast out here and that Graspop show was UNBELIEVABLE.

Hey Vito.
Yeah, I think the few shows I have seen Chris play at, he had a sunburst Fender P-Bass or J-Bass.

Not sure why your axe looked new to me.

Glad to hear things are going well.

Uploaded two low quality videos on youtube.

During The Pale Haunt Departure I went back halfway the tent.
One video-wall is approx 10x4m

Last edited by a moderator:
Graspop was easiest the greatest show we've ever played, and the most organized festival I've seen. Simply stunning.

According to the local newspapers, it was a record year of
40.000 people on friday
50.000 on saturday
and 55.000 people on sunday

As far as i know the DVD was selling very well.
I bought it 15' minutes after the metal market was open and the one before me and after me were also buying the DVD.
The guy from Metalzone told me "The DVD is flying out of the doors". :lol: Don't know whether you use this expression in English.