Live shows

Fuck, Cryptopsy was intense. Absolutely cathartic and enthralling to experience in person. They played None So Vile front to back, so obviously it was a fucking excellent set. Highly recommended show.

I enjoyed Decrepit Birth as well, whom I hadn't heard before. Some engaging and dynamic compositions. I'm gonna need to check them out more. Rivers of Nihil was OK, but nothing I feel the need to explore more.

How was this show? I'm seeing this tour next week.

How about Cryptopsy vocals? Isn't Flo the only remaining member of the original line-up btw?

How about Cryptopsy vocals? Isn't Flo the only remaining member of the original line-up btw?

You know, I didn't even realize that. I don't know Cryptopsy's members on that level. I was aware that there was a new vocalist and was worried about that, but he was great. He was able to deliver all the various sounds found on None So Vile.

How was this show? I'm seeing this tour next week.

I enjoyed the hell out of it. Hadn't seen Morbid Angel since around '98 with Tucker and Eric Rutan. Had never seen Suffocation or Revocation and both were good. The sound was great so that helped. Not as big of a crowd as was deserved but I blame the home Stanley Cup game. Pallbearer was also in town so that pulled some people away.

Reactions: crimsonfloyd
This one. Due the day after tomorrow.

Antyradio.pl-zaprasza-na-koncert-Clutch-w-Katowicach_article.jpg

Saw Suffocation and Morbid Angel tonight. Suffocation slayed. The set was everything you would want: heavy as fuck and tight. I was good and close to Hobbs and Boyer, which made for a compelling show.

Seeing Morbid Angel live left me with the same feeling listening to their albums does: it's technically above average, but dry and lacking heart. There were moments that were captivating and the solos almost universally slayed, but overall the performance failed to leave an impression. Really wish Suffocation got the full set, but fortunately it sounds like they'll be coming back soon.

Super excited to see King Crimson next week. Last time I saw them was 03.

Reactions: Sirjack
Saw Suffocation and Morbid Angel tonight. Suffocation slayed. The set was everything you would want: heavy as fuck and tight. I was good and close to Hobbs and Boyer, which made for a compelling show.

Seeing Morbid Angel live left me with the same feeling listening to their albums does: it's technically above average, but dry and lacking heart. There were moments that were captivating and the solos almost universally slayed, but overall the performance failed to leave an impression. Really wish Suffocation got the full set, but fortunately it sounds like they'll be coming back soon.

Super excited to see King Crimson next week. Last time I saw them was 03.

How is the new live vocalist?

How is the new live vocalist?

Pretty average. Sold growl that could go sufficiently deep, but not as monstrous/inhumane of a tone as I would have liked. Some of his banter banter kind of annoyed me too. He kept referring to the mosh pit as a "suffopit." I don't know if that's a thing at Suffocation concerts or if he made it up, but it felt really cheesy.

Pretty average. Sold growl that could go sufficiently deep, but not as monstrous/inhumane of a tone as I would have liked. Some of his banter banter kind of annoyed me too. He kept referring to the mosh pit as a "suffopit." I don't know if that's a thing at Suffocation concerts or if he made it up, but it felt really cheesy.

To me it isn't Suffocation without Frank

I was lucky to see them on the tour after Pinnacle of Bedlam came out. He sounded awesome. When Ricky Myers stepped in for a song I went outside.

I still have to check out their latest album. I didn't like the single they put out, Frank was sounding so flat there. It was painful for me to listen.

I know where you guys are coming from, but I think the musicans make the band well worth seeing, even without Frank, espeically if you haven't seen them before.

Yea man. Terrance is a treat. When I saw him I play I asked what his favorite riff was and he said 'Man all my old riffs suck' and it blew my mind

Man, King Crimson was amazing. Eight piece band including three drummers with full kits. Great setlist including a ton of their 60s and 70s stuff that to my knowledge, they hadn't played live in decades. I never thought I would hear classics like 21st Century Schizoid Man and Starless live, let alone deep cuts like The Letter, Islands, Circus, and Lizard. There were a few tracks that felt a little too busy with so many musicians (i.e. Red, which I think functions better as a three piece) and a few odd interpretations (wasn't crazy about the sung version of Indiscipline), but most of the performance was stunning. Highly recommended if they're still coming through your town.

Reactions: Sirjack
Came SUPER close to forgetting I had tickets to Slayer tonight. It was totally accidental that I even remebered. Just happened to open the Bandsintown AP and ask myself "when is that Slayer concert I bought tickets to a while back?" A reminder to always put shows in my calendar...

Anyway, show was awesome even though I had nosebleed seats. Thankfully, The Forum is well designed and has great sound.

Between now and October:
Marduk and Incantation
Inquisition and Volhan
Megadeth and Scorpions
Dream Theater

Last edited: