Live Videos Thread

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inIR-jszWNE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inIR-jszWNE[/ame]
12.6.2015 Moscow

not a live performance but I'm just leaving this here..

Last edited by a moderator:
mrs.bodOm, Ha-ha! I was just going to add this video forum. This is a video I shot at the train station. Imagine, I was riding in the same train with a group from St. Petersburg to Moscow. I managed to take a picture with all members of the band and get autographs. Damn good days outstanding. Maybe you will be interested to look at the photos.

sure, why don't you post them in COB pics thread? :)
Alexi looks moody in this video, not one of his good days I guess!? :Smug:

Wow, I don't remember when was last time that they sounded this tight live. No disrespect for Roope, but I think Antti is part of that new ''tightness''. They picked the correct guy ;D

:) They're mixing Antti's guitar more silent, so he can put some practice at this point. You can clearly hear Alexi's guitar parts unusually loud, which is why it sounds different.

I was expecting a big name like Steve Vai or someone with considerable live experience from death metal to join Bodom, so it was an anti-climax, but only thing that matters is he plays well and enjoys the music so he puts the emotional effort into the little details. He's a funny guy and I'm sure it's a challenge to nail that shit down and try to headbang every once in a while. At least we don't get anyone trying to steal too much attention from Alexi. I don't give a fuck as long as the new album is good.

:) They're mixing Antti's guitar more silent, so he can put some practice at this point. You can clearly hear Alexi's guitar parts unusually loud, which is why it sounds different.

I was expecting a big name like Steve Vai or someone with considerable live experience from death metal to join Bodom, so it was an anti-climax, but only thing that matters is he plays well and enjoys the music so he puts the emotional effort into the little details. He's a funny guy and I'm sure it's a challenge to nail that shit down and try to headbang every once in a while. At least we don't get anyone trying to steal too much attention from Alexi. I don't give a fuck as long as the new album is good.

Antti's guitar is atleast as loud as Alexi's, atleast to my ear. Steve Vai to bodom? :D Funniest thing I have heard this week :D:D

Roope never had many "tight" gigs with Bodom. He always add this or that lick or play something slightly out of timing. I guess he didn't really care about how it sounded live, neither did Alexi for a while. It was all about the party and kicking ass. No when Alexi sobered up (his playing too), Roope felt out of place I guess.... Antti is a good fit so far, no problems at all, except I hate their version of SNBN, it sound wrong and probably is played wrong.... Antti uses Blackstar S1 100 and EMG 81 I guess, probably some pedals as Alexi too. Now Bodom has left the whole Rack gear stuff behind except wireless....

And Steve Vai in Bodom??? What crack did you smoke Joonas? Either you're trolling a lot lateley or it somehow seems you've taken your stupidness to a whole new dimention!

Oh and it is perfectly natural to hear Anttis guitars better when the cam-mic recorder is right next to Anttis PA which is on the right side of the stage. Very common in all metal bands.

Just fucking around, I meant the best available metal guitarist with much live experience. It's better it's someone unknown, as long as he's dedicated to Bodom and easy to be with.

0:27 on you can hear many parts mixed louder for the second guitar. I think Antti is working hard to nail the songs down, it's hard to go wild on stage before it's in the muscle memory.

If Roope was bummed out playing this and got sloppy, then I don't mind him leaving at all! We could never hear him on stage anyway, as it was all mixed for Alexi...

Last edited by a moderator:
Roope never had many "tight" gigs with Bodom. He always add this or that lick or play something slightly out of timing. I guess he didn't really care about how it sounded live, neither did Alexi for a while.

Exactly. Roope is a good guy, but I think it was time to move on. It seems like they are trying to get their act together.

I think they will shit on themselves, because Alexi is the main problem :rofl:D

Not talking about composing songs, but stage performance. He is kind of the only member of the band who plays sloppy.

Roope was in fact very innovative, always adding licks to the sterile sounds of official (especially Alexander's) recordings. Sure, he was sloppy and pretty confusing with his playing at times, but now we can actually hear how much sloppy Alexi really plays :rofl: hahah

Still, I liked Roope's solo in Dead Man's Hand On You very much. Antti can't top that stuff, although his Halo Of Blood solo owns.

0:27 on you can hear many parts mixed louder for the second guitar. I think Antti is working hard to nail the songs down, it's hard to go wild on stage before it's in the muscle memory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inIR-jszWNE

If Roope was bummed out playing this and got sloppy, then I don't mind him leaving at all! We could never hear him on stage anyway, as it was all mixed for Alexi...

Also, the reason why intro harmony thing sounds different is cause it's unintentionally or intentionally harmonized differently. If I remember correctly the original version is harmonized with thirds ''below the melody'' and to my ear it sounds that they are harmonizing ''above the melody'' now on that live video.

If I remember correctly the original version is harmonized with thirds ''below the melody'' and to my ear it sounds that they are harmonizing ''above the melody'' now on that live video.

That's exactly right. People who shout shit like "LOL ANTTI IS MUCH LOUDER THAN ROOPE KEK" are just simply retarded.

True, and the higher harmony sounds cheaply melodramatic. I have no idea why they would want to change it like that.