Live Videos Thread

Holy shit, they played COD full and even the classical part of COB at the end without a weird/forced medley?

What happened?!

This is amazing

That's so cool they played the classical part of COB. Does anyone else find it weird that they're playing older stuff in full instead of half assing it like they did for years yet I Worship Chaos is the most simple album they've done?

I believe they're starting to realize it's pointless to defend their new material by mocking the old material. Instead it's wise to dig what's in there and play it with pride, there's no need to separate themselves from it, since everyone's so fond of it. Maybe they've come to the age when distance to the past brings nostalgia and it becomes important, hopefully they realize they actually had something special going on and they just got lost a bit. Every album has its pros and cons, but it all comes down to which ones had the most passion and feeling. Technicality used to be a given, but even that's under fire these days with the slow and simplified IWC and the slow RRF. Feeling is easily taken away with thrash elements, despite interesting musical ideas, but ideas are tied to a specific soundworld. I think IWC became slow and simplified because Alexi was tired and stressed out and this time there came even less good material than before so they decided to approach it with downtuned guitars and try to create feeling by slowing down the tempo and repeating the sections.

It should tell something they're not playing a single tune from RRF, only one from HOB, and soon they'll scrap every song from IWC as well. Why play new stuff forcefully when they've so many hibernating gems fans are waiting to have resurrected in the setlist?

Alexi needs to sleep properly and get time off from schedules so he can compose something blazing and epic again. For sure whatever they do next it needs to be a hell of a lot faster and capitalizing all instruments. Lay down the guitar and come up with a vision of a song in mind first before touching the guitar, I think this could fuel the atmosphere and exciting new ideas. This style of music is supposed to be immensely fast, dark and atmospheric above all else, with interesting song sections flowing naturally and melting together almost seamlessly thru technical energy.

One idea I already mentioned for the next album is having slow, emotional solo melodies flowing for about a full minute during some tracks, then experimenting with drums and keyboards and whatnot when settling into the following vocal sections... The next album is gonna be dark, fast and passionate as fuck, just full on melodic black metal with orchestral hits and weeping melodies, that will make everyone 'forgive' the last albums... It's just there's undiscovered potential in this band still, they still have that one cult album waiting to get discovered somewhere down in their minds, just got to dig from the right place.

Last edited:

KTS from the same gig. Alexi plays pretty well here. His vocals sound good too.

All it takes is hearing the ending solo starting with the long sweep from Alexi by itself. Everything was pretty good until that. He wrote that song years ago and can still barely play it live.

Children of Bodom is the best fucking song ever :kickass: Rocknroll and classical silliness in exactly optimal proportions :kickass:

Listen to 0:05 - 0:15, they empowered the beat at 0:11, instant doom. The mid / hi toms at 2:55 - sound kinda neat.

Last edited:
I believe they're starting to realize it's pointless to defend their new material by mocking the old material. Instead it's wise to dig what's in there and play it with pride, there's no need to separate themselves from it, since everyone's so fond of it. Maybe they've come to the age when distance to the past brings nostalgia and it becomes important, hopefully they realize they actually had something special going on and they just got lost a bit. Every album has its pros and cons, but it all comes down to which ones had the most passion and feeling. Technicality used to be a given, but even that's under fire these days with the slow and simplified IWC and the slow RRF. Feeling is easily taken away with thrash elements, despite interesting musical ideas, but ideas are tied to a specific soundworld. I think IWC became slow and simplified because Alexi was tired and stressed out and this time there came even less good material than before so they decided to approach it with downtuned guitars and try to create feeling by slowing down the tempo and repeating the sections.

It should tell something they're not playing a single tune from RRF, only one from HOB, and soon they'll scrap every song from IWC as well. Why play new stuff forcefully when they've so many hibernating gems fans are waiting to have resurrected in the setlist?

Alexi needs to sleep properly and get time off from schedules so he can compose something blazing and epic again. For sure whatever they do next it needs to be a hell of a lot faster and capitalizing all instruments. Lay down the guitar and come up with a vision of a song in mind first before touching the guitar, I think this could fuel the atmosphere and exciting new ideas. This style of music is supposed to be immensely fast, dark and atmospheric above all else, with interesting song sections flowing naturally and melting together almost seamlessly thru technical energy.

One idea I already mentioned for the next album is having slow, emotional solo melodies flowing for about a full minute during some tracks, then experimenting with drums and keyboards and whatnot when settling into the following vocal sections... The next album is gonna be dark, fast and passionate as fuck, just full on melodic black metal with orchestral hits and weeping melodies, that will make everyone 'forgive' the last albums... It's just there's undiscovered potential in this band still, they still have that one cult album waiting to get discovered somewhere down in their minds, just got to dig from the right place.

Exactly!
And while he is at it he might want to change guitars to something that actually have a soul (ESP's don't), go back to Jackson Alexi, there I said it.

All I really want is one more good studio album. It needs to be fast as fuck, dark as the desert night, blazing with interesting solos left and right, full of creative song patterns... and they need to maximize their potential with drums. And need I mention atmosphere?

Still can't believe they're actually playing Trashed and Decadence, finally some excitement and sense in this. Of course Knuckleduster would've been a better live song than the other on the EP, but Children of Decadence was recently hyped so immensely as an underrated cult song that deserves to be played properly, it's damn good they paid attention and trusted their most devoted fans' taste...

Last edited:
Good quality gig. Mixing is high on drums and bass guitar tho. Synths are nicely audible, which makes stuff like SNBN unison and Hate Me first melody sound cool. Freyberg has done great job in timing group shouts with Henkka (check out In Your Face, the 'incoming' screams), that shit's now sorted since it didn't work with the previous guitarist, or it was intentionally different... They play Decadence 30 seconds faster than on album, which I think is insanely fast and can potentially take some impact and intensity away, also I think Janne should play that epic string when the solos kickstart, otherwise great stuff and have to be thrilled (enough to shut my mouth) since it's been a long time since surprises as exciting as Trashed and Decadence. They even stopped playing the weird stuff in SNBN and Alexi removed that cowbell joke from Downfall.

Last edited:
So already nothing off HOB makes it into the shorter tracklist besides SFS (weird choice), goes to show it isn't as good as many would suggest.